How to Direct new registered user to Welcome page.

Okay, so I'm only trying to use one subscription called Membership Access. It's free, and when the user registers I want them to be brought to the Welcome page. Instead, after they register it just says: "You currently have a subscription for the Member Access subscription. If you wish to sign up a different subscription then you can do below." Any ideas why it's saying this when I only have one subscription?

Any help would be appreciated. You can test it out for yourself by going here: http://roa.controlyours.com/register/

Thanks!

-David

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hi David,

First off, I'm assuming that you have a Welcome page specified under the Membership Options Page tab, right? For clarity's sake, I'll assume it's called Welcome and you are expecting your members to be directed to this page after confirming their subscription.

On a follow up note, and I don't know if this is related, but it could be, how about you create a second level and call it Visitor. That is, even though you aren't charging for the site, it'd be better to have a minimum of two levels so Visitors can at least see your site before getting the message that they have to register before they can see anything, even the homepage. You might want to give Visitors access to the About page and Contact page as well.

Sound reasonable?

Cheers,
    Paul

• controlyours
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the speedy response. Yes, I do have a Welcome page specified and yes that assumption is correct.

I do have a "Visitor" access level created which I think is being applied to anyone that is not logged in view the site.

I guess the confusion comes in: I don't want to confuse signup with a "Visitor" type of subscription, I just want one option when they go to sign up and once they have signed up they are welcomed and now will have access to the "Blog" page which is the only page I want to protect. Is something like this possible?

Does that provide a little clarity?

Thanks so much for your help!

-David

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hiya David,

That all makes great sense and sure this is certainly achievable as you describe. What's not clear to me is where the hold up is. What I think is that you are taken to that page where it says:

"You currently have a subscription for the Member Access subscription. If you wish to sign up a different subscription then you can do below."

and you would normally confirm that you are at the correct level. This way, I guess, someone might even upgrade at that point! My recollection is that you need to specify a graphic for the button, ie a paypal button, which I understand isn't appropriate for this application.

Could you make that work?

Cheers,
    Paul

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.