How To Disable Account Registration after Marketpress Checkout

Hi! I've searched the Marketpress options, docs, and support topics but couldn't find an answer...

Is there a way to disable the user account registration pop-op that appears after checkout is completed?

I have registration disabled on our network at http://agreda.com/store and I have left Force Login unchecked in the Marketpress settings.

Immediately after checkout, however, customers are presented with a pop-up for user account registration. This pop-up blocks the page with their download link for digital products.

I do not need users to register, and if they attempt to do so, I wonder what would happen anyway since registration is disabled.

So, how can I just prevent that pop-up from displaying?

Please see first attachment for screenshot of pop-up.

While we're at it... Is there a way to hide the whole "Have an Account" section on the checkout page? If registration is disabled, and we don't Force Login there is no need for this.

See second attachment for "Have an Account" screenshot.

Sorry for the multiple questions.
Thank you in advance for any help!

• jcnjr
    • HummingBird

@Luis

Sorry, site selected should have been agreda.com not tripawds.com. This topic refers to the Agreda store, currently running 3.0.0.7 after just updating from the modified version of 3.0.0.6 @Hoang Ngo has been working on with me for weeks.

So yes, I'm running the latest version on this site. With that in mind, can you answer the question?

Thank you!

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @jcnjr,

To do that we need to change the function in the core files.

Go to wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/public/class-mp-public.php and search for:

create_account_lightbox_html

To block this function, add this at the top of the function, before the first "if()":

return ' ';

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• jcnjr
    • HummingBird

Thank you @Luís

Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a try.

Please consider this a Feature Request, and feel free to move the topic if necessary.

Hacking core files is poor practice, so an admin option to turn off the account registration pop-up would be much better—especially considering it interferes with the checkout process, and not all stores will require users to register.

Thanks again...

• jcnjr
    • HummingBird

UPDATE: Thank you @Luís that plugin file hack works.

Go to wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/public/class-mp-public.php and search for: create_account_lightbox_html

FYI for anyone interested: "create_account_lightbox_html" appears three times in the file.

Line 114 is the one that needs to be edited to disable the account reg. pp-up. Below is the file after my edits (lines 114-120)

public function create_account_lightbox_html( $echo = true ) {
    		return ' ';
    		// ^ Disables account reg pop-up ^
    		if ( is_user_logged_in() ) {
    // Bail - user is logged in (e.g. already has an account)
    			return false;
    		}

Now... any thoughts about hiding the "Have An Account?" section from the checkout page are also appreciated. (See my second question above.) We have had customers get confused thinking they have to register...there will always be thse that don't read, no matter how big, bold, and red you make any notice. :slight_smile:

Again, consider this another Feature Request for an admin option to hide any account registration fields.

Thanks again!

• Luís
    • Support

Hi @jcnjr,

I hope had been good today!

I think the best option to do that is hide the Login/Register section from the checkout. Insert this in your wp-config.php:

define('MP_HIDE_LOGIN_OPTION', true);

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.