How to disable admin area of WP, but allow CPT creation?

Hi there. I would like that when user join my website, he can't see site dashboard or any backend. User should only be able to comment. And when I make custom post type that will be similar to posts, he would be able to access custom back for this posts. Is there a plugin I could use to create this? Something like this plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/custom-post-type-creator/? And than I can just disable admin bar? Is this the way to go?
Thanks & Cheers.

• Aaron
    • CTO

Users can always see the backend, though have very limited access. Sure you can give say subscriber default role permissions for just a custom post type, then that will be all they see in the dashboard side.

If you are trying to completely keep them out of the dashboard, then you will need a plugin to enforce that (not sure if one exisists) and a plugin that allows users to post from the frontend, i've seen a few of those out there.

Note for creating custom post types try our CustomPress plugin, it's the best!

• deanl
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for the reply. You mention "plugin that allows users to post from the frontend, i've seen a few of those out there." - Can you please let me know a few of your favourite plugins for this? It would be out of great help.

Can you do that with CustomPress plugin? Will CustomPress allow me to create custom post AND form on the frontend that will allow registered users to post content? I guess I am talking about something very similar to your Classifieds, which are anyway made with CustomPress, if I am right?

Thanks & cheers, Dean

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hiya,
    Greetings of the day.
    I was doing a regular followup today and found that we missed your last post on this one.
    Are you still seeking support on this one or managed to get it resolved ? Please let us know so that we can take it further and assist you on the same
    Thanks for being a great community member !
    Cheers
    Tom

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.