How to disable all subsite using same user database/share user

Hi, may I know is there a way to disable user share in multisite.
Example, I need all my subsite user not related and user cannot use their Subsite A registered user to log into Subsite B. Currently, when user use their registered user email on Subsite A to register an user on Subsite B, there got an error "Error: An account is already registered with your email address. Please login."
So, may I know how to make my subsite to have their own user database but not share entire user database.
Thanks

• faydra_deon
    • WordPress Warrior

Calvin Chong:

It's my understanding that only admins can log into all subsites, but a standard user would only be able to log into the subsites where his/her username/password exist. As long as the user is not listed as a user on any subsite(s) other than his/her own, then he/she will not be able to log into any other sites.

Because all sites in a network share the same user table in the database, then you can't use the same email to create different login accounts on different sites. That's why you would see "Error: An account is already registered with your email address. Please login." However, that doesn't mean that they would actually be able to log into any subsite where their username/password doesn't exist. It just means they can't register on one subsite with said email address and then register on another subsite with the same email address. If they login credentials don't already exist on someone else's subsite, they will not have access to it.

I hope that helps.

Faydra...

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Calvin Chong ,

Hope you're doing well today!

As faydra_deon mentioned, in a multisite environment, the accounts are created network wide and not on a particular site. So, we can't create a users table for each blog.

However, there are some plugins that help us to deal with that matter:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/join-my-multisite/

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/multisite-user-management/

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Calvin Chong
    • Flash Drive

Hi Luís ,

The two plugins you mention do not solved my problem.
    What I need is don't let the user even the site admin to know they are using wordpress. So I need all the user can use the same email to register in my different subsites but they don't need to know these site is under same network.

Also, all my subsite is using woocommerce. I just tested register a user by the woocommerce My Account Page and when i switch to my another subsite and go to My Account Page, it show that user is logged in with the registered detail although I used Join My Multisite plugin with Membership setting to None.

Thanks

• Calvin Chong
    • Flash Drive

Hi Luís ,
    Another example, if I want to host site A and site B and they are unrelated to one another, then a shared login makes no sense.

Site A is about selling books, site B is for a different client and is about selling clothes. They are unrelated and the user should be able to use their same E-mail address again. Otherwise they will be wondering who has stolen their E-mail address or hacked their account.

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Calvin Chong ,

Hope you're doing well today!

I understand your point of view, but unfortunately, I don't know any way to allow the users to register an account with the same username or email in each subsite.

From what I know, in a multisite environment, the accounts are created network wide and not on a particular site, we can use a plugin like Join My Multisite to allow the registration per blog, instead of be redirected to the main website, however, users can't use the same username or email to create an account in other subsite.

Cheers, Luís

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.