How to disable Categories menu bar in The Daily Theme

Hi,

I really like this them but for one thing:

All categories are added in a main menu bar. I’ve created a custom menu which works well but it’s added underneath the category bar.

I’d prefer to not have the category bar at all & was hoping I could be pointed to flip a switch some place in the theme options before I go and edit one of the theme’s php.

Thanks!

• Steve'O
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I added the following to bpdaily.css row 91:

#category-navigation { display:none; }

It did the trick but still wonder if there’s built in functionality I missed in the Theme options.

Thanks anyways & hope this helps somebody.

• Charlie Pryor
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I actually looked into this as soon as I saw your post about 20 minutes ago, loaded the theme up into my test site, and was amazed at how there was nothing in plain site to shut that menu off! :slight_smile:

I mean, I’m just a video guy, not all that knowledgable on the themes and stuff, but you’re not alone.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings roirizla,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available – but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there’s a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings roirizla,

Thank you for letting us know, happy that you have a solution, and be sure to include the fix in the child theme so it will not be over written in the next update of the theme.

Thanks again for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT upcoming week.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.