How to disable dates within Events+

My client is using Events+ to run ongoing, user generated online events that will expire when all of the limited "tickets" are claimed. Therefore, I don't need dates and don't want to confuse users by having them on the form. Is there are way to disable them?

Noticed I posted this under General Wordpress, in which it's not. However, editing the category isn't available after submission-- that should really be fixed.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @ashley23,

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

Dear member currently hiding or disabling ending date isn't possible as out of box feature with Events+. But with little bit of css we can surely hide ending date information for user's point of view. :slight_smile: So I went ahead and applied this css on your site.

.wpmudevevents-date_format-end{
        display: none;
    }

I've applied this css snippet in your theme's custom css editor and its hiding ending date information from single event page. Please confirm this and let us know if there is more you want. :slight_smile:

We are happy to help you. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan

• Ashley
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Yes, I understand I can hide the dates from appearing to a reader, but it's the actual creation of the event I'm concerned with. I don't want the creator to get confused by having to declare an end date, since the event's end doesn't rely on a date. It essentially needs to be set to "never".

Or just completely removed from the event's php template. Which I'm happy to do, if I knew what templates these sections were in and what functions I needed to remove. I'm assuming there's also js validation files as well.

Is there a universal function that could be applied to disable 'datepicker' in any instance?

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Ashley,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

Currently this is not possible "out of the box" with Events+ plugin as there's no option to set anything but the real date as "End date" and without that parameter plugin will not save event (and even if we could force it to it wouldn't work).

I think however that there may be workaround. I think it could be possible to achieve following:
    - force Events+ to automatically set the"End date" far in future (e.g. for event on March 2nd 2016 it could be March 2nd 2017)
    - then hide entire "End date/time" section in "Add"/"Edit" even dashboard screen
    - and finally use Milan's CSS hack to hide end date from front-end (visitor's view).

I suppose that events in your setup are already being closed manually so it would then stay this way. Would such as solution work for you?

Let me know please!
    Best regards,
    Adam

• Ashley

Hey Adam, that would be PERFECT! The steps in doing so are a little lengthy I imagine, well at least the forcing of Events+ to set the end date in the future is definitely more than just a little CSS, I know. Can you give me a quick overview on how that's to be done?

Not to divert from that task, but another issue I noticed is the featured image. It's nowhere to be found on the single events page. Is this by design, or am I experiencing a glitch on my end?

• Ashley

Still waiting to hear back about how to do these two things
    - force Events+ to automatically set the"End date" far in future (e.g. for event on March 2nd 2016 it could be March 2nd 2017)
    - then hide entire "End date/time" section in "Add"/"Edit" even dashboard screen

Before deciding on Events+, I spent (wasted) hours researching date and time validation, testing code and trying to find a work around for what I was using at the time (Events Manager). Obviously, I didn't have any luck, mainly because it's a beast... Maybe I'll eventually learn the ins and outs of it, but unfortunately time doesn't allow for that right now. So, any help ya'll can provide would be appreciated like none other.

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello @ashley23,

I hope you are well today and sorry that for being late here. :slight_smile:

Dear member I've created plugin based on my colleagues @adamczajczyk's concept. I am attaching it with this post. Please upload or install it just like normal plugin. And you don't need to worry about what will happen if you disable event+ in future. This plugin automatically detects that Events+ is active or not. :slight_smile: If it won't find Event+ in active state it will not do any processing at all. :slight_smile:

Right now I've also integrated custom css solution which I've give you to hide ending date information in this plugin so you don't need to worry about managing it on your own too. By default for now this plugin will set ending date 2 years far from its starting date. Please install this and test it out. If you face any difficulty while installing and using this, please let me know. :slight_smile:

Here is video demonstration of plugin. http://take.ms/QqNLI

I hope this helps you. :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Milan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.