How to disable end user to edit Ticket Details

Dear,

I wonder how to disable Edit Ticket Details by ticket owner, because it's somehow unacceptable to allow end user to assign a ticket or change assignment at any time latter to anyone else from the support team....as well as to change support ticket Category or Priority of the ticket, I strongly believe this should be done only by support team member/admin.

Thanks for a reply.

Regards,

• Milan

Hello @Samir,

I hope you are having a good day and thanks for the asking.

At this moment you can't alter default behavior of ticket creation out of box except disallowing role based user to create tickets.

Then way Support System plugin functions lets user open and close ticket is via user roles. it never meant to be working as for individual user.

So once you allow user role to open ticket, user in that role will be able to alter ticket and configure its different context the way he/she wants. You can't do actually much here. However if you want to alter default ticket creation behavior, i think you can use Job Portal where our valuable developer will try to do such customization for you.

I hope this helps you.

Dear member Please let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Samir

Thank you for your reply.

I am fine with user being able to open and close the ticket. However, being able to choose to whom the ticket is assigned and switch the category, that means giving your customer ability to manage your tickets, your people and their time is nonsense.

Can you please provide more information about who actually should use this plugin, because from the plugin page I got impression it can be used to provide help to customers.

Reading what you wrote it never meant to be working as for individual user. is making me think this plugin never meant to be a plugin to be used for providing support

Regards,

• Milan

Hello @Samir,

I hope you are having a good day and sorry for being late here.

Its been very hectic week of us. We got lot of critical threads which needs to be worked out. We are truly sorry for being late on this.

Dear member many of our member are using our this plugin to satisfy their daily support needs. I think we are missing something here. So lets make things clear bit first.

First thing let me clarify few things here,

Currently, in a multi site environment you can only assign tickets to super admins and in a single site environment, only to admins. I believe there is an update that's it the works that will allow you to select which user roles can have assigned tickets, but for now it's limited to super admin(multisite) and admin(single site).

On my sandbox site ( which is single site ) I can't see option which lets user select whom to assign ticket can you enable support staff access so that I can check in depth whats your site state ?

Cheers,
    Milan Savaliya.

• Samir

Hello Milan,

Access granted, you'll find it as there is only one website related to my profile with granted access.

Also, I just realized something else as well, although I've clearly set the option Allow only requester to see their own tickets it's simply not the case, apart from two admin account, there are currently two subscriber accounts, each with one support ticket created...and they can see each other support ticket.

You'll have to disable maintenance mode on the website by going to Theme option >>> General.

• Samir

Update on this issues!

I've revoked access to my site, you'll not have to do anything. I've found what caused both above explained issues.

Couple of days ago I've found on WPMU forum an explanation on how to make support FAQ visible and accessible to non registered users, which included creating a mu-plugins directory and having a file in it with the following code - see attached file if interested.

Although it solved one issue, obviously it created two other issues.

So basically, that's it...

Thanks for your help so far. Marking this ticket as resolved.