How to disable in Mobile and Tablets?

Hi,

Pop up works perfect in browser! But I would like to disable this when viewed in mobile and tablets.
I tried putting display:none; on my media query, but it still shows up and its causing my layout to break.

Any help is appreciated. Big thanks!

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Plus63movph,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the plugin.

I have no idea how to accomplish this but I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• teerasak_limpanon
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

This post is not yet resolved.

Any hope to hear from the developer as I am now facing the problem of popover on Mobile and Tablet.

On mobile, the popup will not resize, which causes the unclickable on the 'X' close bar at all. It's likely that, for now, my site visitor that surf with their mobile will not be able to access my website at all.

Please kindly help me out with this current problem.

PS. Sorry to drag this up. As the question is almost the same, I decide not to waste your bandwidth with new post.

Thanks.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

What method are you thinking of using to detect a mobile device? It should be quite easy to either add specific css to the header of a theme to prevent it from showing below a certain screen width, or add in a check for a mobile device in a separate plugin that interfaces with the hooks the pop up plugin exposes.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Which would you prefer though? Using CSS to hide the pop up, or preventing it from showing with code - that was the questions I was asking - those are the two methods I can think of.

Detecting a mobile device at the server side (the code option) will require more research as I'm not sure what the most recent method of detecting mobile devices is.

It will require some googling :slight_smile:

• teerasak_limpanon
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Bary,

Sorry for missing your question the first shot.

Will using css to hide the pop up work with current generation of devices? As they are all coming with a very similar screen resolution with PC, some are even higher, don't you think using css to determine if the popup need to be hidden will not work very well? This is only my two cent question. But if you think it will still work well, I think I will choose this option then.

Detecting device from server side seems to be more useful for me as it is detecting the real mobile browser, not only the screen resolution. This seems to work better in theory for me. So if you think that the css method might not be so effective, can you please kindly point me out with using the code instead?

Thanks and looking forward to hearing from you.

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

As they are all coming with a very similar screen solution with PC, some are even higher

If that's the case, then not hiding it will not be an issue as the close button will be visible due to the increased screen resolution - no? Which is the issue for this thread (low resolution means close button is off screen).

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings teerasak_limpanon,

Thank you for your patience as I send a flag over to @Barry for his input on this last item regarding the css to hide the popup when the screen resolution is less than my setting.

Hopefully he will be able to make it back in here with that code sooner then later and in any event, have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.