How to display affiliate banners for affiliates

Hello,
I can not figure out how to display affiliate banners for affiliates after they have signed up. Is there a shortcode I am missing? I copied in the codes on a page, all charts seem to be working, and the signup works too.
Thanks in advance for your help!

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

Hi @brentbozeman

If you have enabled affliate banners and created them, then your users can find them in their users section under affiliate banners section with the complete url and referral code.

they just need to add that code anywhere, for example in this test page i just created tomeagles.native-speakers.org i added a text widget to the footer containing the code.

• brentbozeman
    • Flash Drive

Hi Tom,
    Thanks for the help. Looks like the problem is that the banners section is not displaying in the user section:
    http://neverleavetheplayground.com/become-an-affiliate
    Is there a specific shortcode for displaying the banner section?
    I did create a banner, activate that section, and included link to the banner:
    http://neverleavetheplayground.com/images/1affibanner468x60.png
    banner section just not showing.
    Thanks!
    brentbozeman

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@brentbozeman The banner code is the one that the users put on their site for visitors to click on not to display them.

the users (affiliates) get an extra menu item under their users menu in the dashboard with all the banners and respective codes.

If you want to display them on the front end just use a normal image link. (this wont display the html code though)

• brentbozeman
    • Flash Drive

Hi Tom,

I am not clear on the dashboard displaying. When I login (test):

http://neverleavetheplayground.com/become-an-affiliate/

The above page I created does not show the code for the affiliate to copy for their site when they are logged in.

When the dashboard comes up, there are only 2 tabs in the top right site "dashboard" and "profile".

Does it depend on the user level whether or not the dashboard will display the options?
    Is there something I need to do to to have that affiliate tab display in the user's dashboard so they can copy the banner code?

Thanks again for your help!
    brentbozeman

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

ahhh now i see what you are doing...

The person registering on your site needs a paid subscription from your site in order to use the affiliate program. As far as i know it wont work with just a user account and not a paid format such as membership, prosites, classifieds etc.

At the moment all you are doing is giving them a login thats it.

read this

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/how-and-where-do-affiliates-sign-into-their-accounts

have you network activated the plugin also?

• brentbozeman
    • Flash Drive

Tom,

When I setup a test account, it generated a unique url (as a user account), I tested it, and it registers clicks on the stats. Everything is appearing on the page (when logged in) except the banner area. Even though it is doing all the functions, it will not work without prosites? or classifieds plugins?

If you create an account:
    http://neverleavetheplayground.com/become-an-affiliate/
    then login, you can see that is appears to be working, but no banner area displays.
    Is there a link you can send with info on using it with prosites (if that will work) ?
    thanks,
    brentbozeman

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

I just revisited your site and the affiliate part just kicked in now. But as you mentioned no banners are showing. The one common theme in all answers i have seen about affiliate plugin is that for it to function the affiliate has to be a paid subscriber of yours.

Maybe thats the reason why the banners arent working, beyond that it's a mystery to me.

what eshop plugin are you using?

• brentbozeman
    • Flash Drive

Tom,

Not sure what eshop is, if you are talking about shopping cart, I am using Marketpress. Sense our last emails, I did install prosites, but the affiliate thing was working before (displaying the info). It looks the same, just not showing the banner areas for the affiliate to use. If you sign up, you can see that it will generate unique url, shows stats, registers clicks, but again no banner area displayed. I will try to insert the payment area, if that may work.

I am not sure how to make anyone who signs up to be an affiliate a paid subscriber. Is there a link to that info to configure it?

If they are a "paid subscriber" is there a way to make it free?

Thanks,
    brentbozeman

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@brentbozeman you can uninstall that dont worry. it was just a test to see if it pulled up the screen in the dashboard, the banners will never display on the front page they display on the users dashboard. To activate it for marketpress you need to select the addon module marketpress in the affiliate settings.

• brentbozeman
    • Flash Drive

Tom, (revised)
    I selected the addon module marketpress in the affiliate settings, however they do not display in the user's dashboard. Do I need to add some type of subscription in marketpress for them to buy, then maybe it will show?
    How Do I get them to display in the user's dashboard?
    thanks!
    Brent

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@brentbozeman for some reason i am now unable to reach my dashboard on your site, i only have access to my profile.

ok update logged out then back in now i have access to the dashboard.

Ok next up can you make a screenshot specifically of the banner images settings you have in affiliates.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Brent and Tom,

It appears that you two folks were whipping through try to resolve this banner issue - almost a marathon!

But I figured out what you folks are missing, this is what you have to do.

Logged in as an user you go to the Affiliate Referrals link in the users profile area.

You click the link and it bring you to Enable Affiliate links --> say yes and input PayPal email address and click Update Settings.

After the screen refreshes --> click on Profiles again and magically an Affiliate Banners menu selection appears. Click Affiliate Banners and there they are with embedding code.

What needs to happen is a refresh of the WordPress left menu to see the banner menu item.

This was done logged in as a basic user/subscriber without paying anything.

Thank you both for being WPMU Dev Community Members!

Cheers, Joe

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@aecnu hey joe one thing that struck me was the fact he doesnt have any paid users on the site hence the reason i think that the links arent working. I thought originally a user making a purchase on marketpress might be then qualified as someone who could become an affiliate. But having thought about it more i believe this is the key issue here, you can sign up to be one but without being a paid member/subscriber etc you wont see the panel.

• brentbozeman
    • Flash Drive

Guys,
    Sorry for the late reply. The user could not sign up on the admin section, they have to sign up on one of the sub domains in order to see the banner code, and the hits from the banners do appear to be working., link,s etc...

On this install there is one admin panel, and one sub domain, both the same domain name. When someone would sign up, they would automatically be a member of the admin area, so to get around it. I installed "Multisite User Management" plugin. It automatically lets anyone joining the site show up as members on all the sites in the multi install. None of the tests I did required you to pay anything. I do have Marketpress installed. It appears to be working ok now.

So in my case the member has to be a member under the subdomain in order for the affiliate thing to work. Hope this helps anyone having the same issues.

Thanks again!!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.