How to display Categories on Question Page?

How can you add the list of categories to the main question page? I can't seem to find an easy way to add it?

On a side note, is it possible to have the main question or ask page to show up as a page under WP pages?

Thanks

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

:@jacobq

On a side note, is it possible to have the main question or ask page to show up as a page under WP pages?

Do you mean as a menu item?

If so just link to:

yoursite.com/questions/

yoursite.com/questions/ask

For this part:

How can you add the list of categories to the main question page? I can't seem to find an easy way to add it?

You would need to create a custom menu item or use a text widget in a side bar and manually add them.

Cheers

Tom

• jacobq
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Tom, thanks for the info.

Those points make sense. However the issue I have with the side bar (under Questions Settings), is if I use the 2 page layouts with on right or on left, it moves all my sidebar items to the bottom, underneath the questions section, it also changes the formatting of the page to not be consistent. It also lists all the sidebar content from my main page, which is from the blog itself.

However when I use the page layout one-column, no sidebar, it formats correctly, but does not list the side bar, obviously.

Is there a way to add a custom sidebar just to the questions page?

Would this be due to not applying the "styling" section of the instructions? Some of it didn't really make sense so I haven't attempted that yet.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.