How to display status plugin in frontpage?

Hi,

Do you have any tutorial on how to display status plugin in frontpage? I tried a lot without luck.

I also tried your own theme but it still doesn’t display in my frontpage. I tried many options like Show on front page only and I will be using it in a widget.

Any help please?

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Jay,

I hope you are well today.

I just tested this on my own dev site and it worked well. Perhaps there’s a conflict on your site that’s preventing this from working well. See screencast: https://goo.gl/Odzl3G

First, could you please run a plugin conflict test as outlined in the following article? This will eliminate the possibility of a conflict with another plugin. https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If that does not lead to a solution, could you please enable WP_DEBUG and provide us with the output of your debug.log file?

To enable WP_DEBUG, change the following line in your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

To this:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
    define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    @ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

After you’ve visited the pages that are causing you problems, please go to wp-content/ on your server via FTP and download the debug.log file to your local computer. Then, rename that file to debug.txt and attach it to your reply here so we can examine it further.

I look forward to seeing the results of your tests.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Jay
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for the reply.

I tested the plugin with Twenty Sixteen theme and it works great. But this doesn’t work with your theme named Issue Magazine. Please check it.

And also, how do I allow anonymous submission? And when they submit, the post will be automatically assigned to user “Guest” and the post should be pending for review?

Thanks

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Jay

I have just tested with magazine theme and it worked fine for me, even in widget, screenshot attached.

Would you please run a plugin conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins except this one and check if you still face the problem. If not, then enable one by one and check which one is causing the problem. You can see the flowchart here: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Let me know how it goes.

And also, how do I allow anonymous submission? And when they submit, the post will be automatically assigned to user "Guest" and the post should be pending for review?

I am afraid, this is not possible out of the box. I am marking this as a feature request for now :slight_smile:

Have a good day!

Cheers

Ash

• Jay
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I think it’s not Issue Magazine theme. But anyway, I already selected other themes.

My other problem now is when I enable importing of an image and the image is GIF, Status cannot use the original GIF. It crops the image and the animated GIF is gone. Is it possible to retain the original GIF? This is the only problem I’m facing right now.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.