How to display the renew button in Membership Plugin?

I've got one premium membership setup with finite membership. The customer has to pay by paypal without recurring payment. So I need a renew button for manual renewal.

My problem is that the even though I inserted [renewform] the renew button for paypal isn't showing up. I use PayPal Single Payments Gateway (by the way, the other one is called 'PayPal Payments Standard Gateway' and not 'PayPal Express Gateway' as it says in the manual).

The renewal period limit is set to 365 days, the upgrades period limit to 0 days.

Could you tell me the steps to display the renew button? Thank you in advance.

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Dirk,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

I'm afraid the PayPal single payments doesn't allow upgrades as the subscription can't be modified, you'd need to use the standard PayPal gateway :slight_smile:

Any issues we're here to help :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Dirk
    • New Recruit

Thank you for your fast response.

Ok, what I actutally want is a subscription with no recurring payment but where the subscriber can manually renew their subscription (by using the renew button) before it ends. The payment gateway should be PayPal.

When I use PayPal standard gateway I can only subscribe for a recurring payment and the only button showing up on the account page is the unsubscribe button. There's no renew button.

Kind regards, Dirk

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.