How to do a full backup restore with Snapshots

I am running a multisite and am using Snapshots. Currently, I have snapshots set up for the primary domain and all subsites.

If my whole site goes down, and I can't even get to the Wordpress dashboard, is there a procedure for restoring everything?

Or, let's say that I can still access my main dashboard, so I have to restore every site separately, or just the main domain?

I can also get a full backup from my host, so that would be the fall-back safeguard way to restore the site, right?

I'm just wondering how much I can depend on Snapshots in the most severe case of no access to the Wordpress dashboards.

I use Updraft Backup plugin on other non-multisite projects. Don't know if it would work to back up my entire network. Do you recommend any other plugins that might backup everything and be able to restore everything from either the Network admin or the primary domain dashboard?

Thanks, Joe.

• Vaughan

Hi,

If you have included all tables & files in the snapshot for each site, then snapshot zips them into a package.

If you are unable to get into the dashboard at all though, then you will be unable to do a restore. But if you ever unzip the snapshot yourself, you will see it creates an sql file for each table, and a www folder for the wp-content, so you could do the manual restore by importing the SQL files in to mysql using phpmyadmin

The alternative to that scenario is to reinstall wordpress again setup the multisite & then install snapshot plugin, once installed, import the snapshot zips back into snapshot. once imported, you should then be able to do a restore for each subsite.

I tend to use either CPanel backup or, just do a dump/export of the whole DB using phpmyadmin though for full backups just in case.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.