How to download BuddyPress Calendar?

I would like to download and install this plugin as an update on a site in a staging environment. It has an old version. It looks like I cannot install the plugin unless I have the dashboard installed and when I tried to do this, I received an error that the dashboard has to be installed on the live site. I want to test this in staging. I can't seem to find a way to only download the plugin.

• Kathryn
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Thanks for your response, but I am still having an issue.

I am setting up the site in a staging environment, and thus I am unable to install the dashboard. It seems I cannot install the calendar without the dashboard. When I one to the link noted previously, it set me in the path of setting up the site with dashboard. Is there anyway around this?

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Kathryn,

I hope you are well today.

Many of our members have both production and staging sites in their profiles. You are welcome to install DEV Dashboard on a staging site so you can work on developing with our plugins. This will work both on staging servers as well as on local development servers.

Please note that many of our plugins will not activate and be usable without DEV Dashboard installed and configured. This is due to our licensing model. The DEV Dashboard is required to ensure that your license to use the plugin is valid.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Kathryn
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I cannot get the WPMU DEV Dashboard to install on the staging environment at WPEngine.

Does the "WPMU DEV Dashboard" plugin work off of the dashboard on WPEngine? If so, in the staging environment, WP Engine does not permit access to the dashboard.

is there a workaround?

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Kathryn,

A very large number of our membership and staff have staging environments on WPEngine and seem to have no issues at all. So, it's a bit perplexing as to why you're not able to install the DEV Dashboard on your account.

In order to help you better with your issue, would you please grant me access to your site and server?

Please visit the Contact page and complete the form with the following information:

Subject: "Attn: James Morris"

In the Message box, please provide the following:

- link back to this thread for reference
    - any other relevant urls

- Admin login:
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- Hosting Control Panel Login
    Admin username
    Admin password
    Login url

- FTP credentials
    host
    username
    password
    (and port if required)

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.