How to Edit New PAge Templates in Upfront

Hello.

I am going to install upfront for a client. I will modify Spirit to fit my client's needs. However, after I finish editing everything to look completely different, there still is a problem with the old dsign.

When I add a new page, there are some tempalte options. Those template remain with the Spirit design. Maybe the global header and footer is not Spirit's anymore, but the rest is.

I would like to know if any of the following can be done, and how:

a) Rename those templates (my client speaks spanish)
b) Edit the layout for those templates
c) Add more templates
d) Remove existing templates

This will be very helpful for me.

Thank you!

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi Carlos!

What you describe here - primarily adding, renaming and deleting custom templates - is on the roadmap for Upfront, but at this time that's not an included feature. We're hoping to launch an Upfront builder tool as soon as we can, but it's still in the dev stage.

As for the name of the templates, I believe Upfront is translation ready, so you should be able to offer your client their entire site in Spanish, with the right tools. (WPML is the biggest name here, but there are other tools that won't break the bank quite as much.)

It helps to remember that the Upfront theme family is still a relatively new project, and we're adding to and improving upon it all the time. While not every feature members want and need is included at this time, the project should grow into something pretty spectacular as time goes on.

Thanks for your questions!

• Carlos
      • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello Michelle!

Thank you for your reply. I understand. Is there any way, using code or something, to remove the custom templates asociated with the theme? This would be enough for now, to be able to remove them.

Thank you!

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey guys,

It is possible to remove templates from any of the child themes folder. I strongly recommend not doing so since some of the other parts might be relying on one of those templates.

As Michelle already stated we have been working on the builder that will allow you more flexibility with the templates and I strongly advise on waiting for that rather then removing templates from your child themes.

Best regards,
    Bojan

• Carlos
      • The Incredible Code Injector

Hello @Bojan Radonic

Thank you for your reply. I too would like to wait for such an editor to be released. However, not knowing how long that wait is going to be I have to take inmediate action to resolve my issues... even thought they might not be the best option.

I we had an ETA it would be a lot easier to wait... but without it it can be tomorrow or it can be next year.

Maybe you can give us a little hint here :wink:

Thank you!

• Bojan Radonic
    • Head of Support

Hey again @Carlos Divas,

The reason we do not publish ETAs is because we are trying to prevent disappointment if a deadline is missed, and considering how big of a beast upfront really is and how complex implementing such feature is that could be a possibility.

What I can say is that this is something that is being worked on rather then sitting somewhere as a potential feature so I guess it will not take a really long time.

Hope this helps just a bit :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Bojan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.