How to edit some parts of Anspress plugin text

Hi
I’ve installed the Anspress Q&A plugin to digitalscot.net.
I want to use it for an Idea Management function, for new business ideas.
So I’ve changed the base urls etc to ‘ideas’ and ‘ventures’, rather than questions. That’s all fine, but there’s a few remaining parts I don’t know how to change:
– The button ‘Ask question’ at : https://digitalscot.net/ventures/
– When you select this, the next form then has Question pre-populated into the field, and there’s another Submit Question button.
How can I change these?
I’m not technical enough to edit theme template files, and I tried a search/replace plugin, but it found lots of entries to change with no obvious way to know which is the right one.
Any other ideas?
thanks, Neil.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Neil McEvoy

I hope you’re doing well!

Please let us know is the word “Question” is the one that you wish to change? This should be possible to do with the translation files.

The Search & Replace plugin is changing the text that is saved in the database, while translation files are changing the strings that are coming from the plugin’s core files.

There are 3 methods you may try:

1. First is to replace the words with Branda plugin. Please go to Branda > Utilities > Text Replacement and Add New Rule.

Add a text/phrase you wish to replace on the front end and the text that should replace it. Please see attached screenshot:

2. Feel free to try the Loco Tranalste plugin, its a built-in strings translator editor.

3. Access your site’s folders via FTP. Go to wp-content/plugins/anspress-question-answer/languages/ folder and locate the translation file anspress-question-answer.pot.

Download and edit this file with the PoEdit. Chnage the phraces/text you wish and export .po and .mo translation files.

Upload both files to /wp-content/languages/plugins/. If the directories doesn’t exisit, please feel free to create them.

Please see detailed instructions on this blog post:
    How to Translate a WordPress Plugin.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Neil McEvoy
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Great Nastia, thanks!

I used Branda, it worked perfectly :slight_smile:

Well, apart from a couple of texts I couldn’t figure out:

1. “Question and answer is powered by AnsPress.io” that is in the footer of each Anspress page. I ran a replacement for this but it didn’t work.

2. Status updates show “Digital Scotland asked a new question” – Can I change updates somehow?

Many thanks, Neil.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Neil,

I hope you’re well!

1. “Question and answer is powered by AnsPress.io” that is in the footer of each Anspress page. I ran a replacement for this but it didn’t work.

Please try hiding this test with some CSS code. Add the following code to Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS. It worked from my end and should work on your site too

.ap-cradit {
    	display:none !important;
    }

2. Status updates show “Digital Scotland asked a new question” – Can I change updates somehow?

I could not replicate the notification on my end, as I’m not that well familiar with this plugin, but I’ve located the string in the translation files.

Since these are not in the plugin’s core files, Branda can’t replace it. Please use a Loco Translate plugin or translate the translation files directly, as mentioned in the above post, to rephrase this text.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.