How to edit the size or footer area

I had set all padding as 0px but still the footer is oversize, where I can edit it or do I need to use custom css to fix this? Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Easy

I hope you’re well today and thank you for your question!

I have visited your site and it seems that the footer now is a bit different than on the screenshot that you attached to your post. There’s much more content added to it now and that makes it even bigger, while there’s 0px padding and margin on top of it, making it directly “stick” to the area above it.

Taking that and the screenshot into account, I admit I’m not exactly sure in what way would you like to make it smaller: do you want to e.g. make spacing between widgets in footer smaller, make all the links and text use smaller font? Please describe it a bit more or – if that’s possible – share some rough “mockup image” of how would you like that to look like.

I’ll then visit the site again and check what could be done to achieve that with CSS.

Best regards,

Adam

• Easy
      • Wordpress Newbie

Hi Adam Czajczyk , yeah, the content is different now cause I want to add all the content up then can easily to adjust the space. For the requirement, well actually not any special cause the footer is really big now and I got no idea how to smaller it. But I got an image idea about the footer the team makes before but it is 6 footer column but this theme only allows 4 footer column that's why the footer area looks even more super bigger now.

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Easy

Thank you for your reply and additional explanation.

I have checked the site again and I came up with a little CSS piece that should help a bit here:

footer .col-md-3 {
    padding-top:10px;
    padding-bottom:0px!important;
    margin-bottom: 0px;
    font-family: "Open Sans";
    }

footer .col-md-3 p {
    font-size:11px;
    font-weight:normal;
    padding-bottom:0px;
    margin-bottom:0;
    }

footer .col-md-3 h2 {
    font-weight:bold;
    font-family:"Open Sans";
    font-size:14px;
    padding:0;
    margin:0 0 5px 0;
    }

footer .col-md-3 .widget {
    margin-bottom:20px;
    }

That’s still 4 columns and takes some space there but I think it takes much less of it now and is a bit “cleaner” with this code. Give it a try please :slight_smile:

To apply it to your site, please copy and paste the CSS from above to either “Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS’ section of your site or via some “Custom CSS” option of your theme settigns (if there is such option).

I hope that helps :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.