How to edit the title and media description manually

I wanted to know how I could edit the title and media description manually, since I have a plugin that's interfering with it.

• beau_griffis

here's the code for my header.php file. I just need to know what to edit, so I don't screw something up.

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" <?php language_attributes(); ?>>
    <head profile="http://gmpg.org/xfn/11">
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="<?php bloginfo('html_type'); ?>; charset=<?php bloginfo('charset'); ?>" />

<title>
    <?php wp_title(''); ?><?php if(wp_title('', false)) { echo ' :'; } ?> <?php bloginfo('name'); ?>
    </title>

<meta name="keywords" content="" />
    <meta name="generator" content="WordPress <?php bloginfo('version'); ?>" /> <!-- leave this for stats -->
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/css/reset.css" type="text/css" media="all" />
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php bloginfo('stylesheet_url'); ?>" type="text/css" media="screen" />
    <link rel="pingback" href="<?php bloginfo( 'pingback_url' ); ?>" />
    <link rel="icon" href="<?php bloginfo('stylesheet_directory');?>/favicon.ico" type="images/x-icon" />
    <?php do_action('dir_theme_colors'); ?>
    <?php do_action('dir_theme_options'); ?>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="<?php bloginfo('template_directory'); ?>/css/custom.css" type="text/css" media="all" />
    <?php if ( is_singular() && get_option( 'thread_comments' ) )
    wp_enqueue_script( 'comment-reply' ); ?>
    <?php wp_head(); ?>

</head>
    <body <?php body_class() ?>>

<?php locate_template( array( '/components/navigation.php' ), true ); ?>

<div id="site-wrapper"><!-- start #site-wrapper -->

<div id="header"><!-- start #header -->
    <?php locate_template( array( '/components/banner-header.php' ), true ) ?>
    <?php locate_template( array( '/components/branding-header.php' ), true ); ?>
    </div><!-- end #header -->

<?php locate_template( array( '/components/searchcontainer.php' ), true ); ?>
    <?php locate_template( array( '/components/actionbuttons.php' ), true ); ?>

<div id="container"><!-- start #container -->

• beau_griffis

I've been playing around with the code and still can't seem to remove the Find A Rehab text on the custom banner that I paid to have made. Can someone please help me, I figured it was in the header.php file but it isn't or at least the changes that I made on the site rehabfinderinfo isn't removing the image. I want to make sure the title is find a rehab but without the title being displayed on my banner. I don't know how to get it in the code without putting it in the Site Title under customize theme. The theme is a theme that I got from you guys called the directory theme is

Current Theme
    Directory Theme

By Tammie Lister, Ivan Shaovchev (Incsub)
    Version 1.1.1

I just want to get the Find A Rehab Text in big blue letters in the top right of the home page to be gone and the title of my home page to be Find A Rehab.

• beau_griffis

is there a way to do it manually in the code? Bing sent me this

The description is missing in the head section of the page.

Recommended Action:
    Add a description to the <head> section of the page source: <meta name="description" content="Descriptive, keyword-rich text that talks about the page content goes here.">.

SEO Explanation:
    Search engines may use the description provided in the <description> tag in the search engine results page (SERP). A well-written description that pertains to the content of the page and that is relevant to the searcher's intent can help you increase traffic since it can help improve the click-through rate of your page in search.

• Brian Purkiss

The meta description means little to nothing these days for SEO. All it does is provide a description about your site, but most of the time search engines pull excerpts from your body copy anyways. I'm not saying to not have it, but you also don't need to invest vast amounts of time into it. You'd be better off spending your time elsewhere.

It is possible to manually code in page titles. But you'll need to set up a series of if statements for all the different page types you have. You can give this title tag a go. Works well. You'll need to disable the plugin and replace your current title tag with the linked tag.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.