I saw the instructions on uploading WPMU-DEV language pack and successfully transferred the languages folder from my harddrive via Filezilla to wp-content in my website files. Now I am stuck on how to "enable" the language pack. Here are the remaining instructions and my questions on each:
To enable languages on website:
1) Open your wp-config.php file in a text editor and search for:
define ('WPLANG', ' ');
My question: where do I find the folder "wp-config.php"? I don't see it anywhere.
2) Edit this line according to the .mo file you’ve just downloaded, e.g. for the Portuguese spoken in Brazil you must add:
define ('WPLANG', 'pt_BR');
My question: Do I have to do this for each and every language? All 75 languages?
3) Note that if the .mo and .po files don’t exist for a language code called for in wp-config.php then there is no error message, but the code is still used in language_attributes(). This is useful for those of us whose language is similar enough to en_US not to require translation, but who don’t want en-US as the language tag in the blog, instead wanting some other variant of English. For example:
define ('WPLANG', 'en_GB');
My question: Is this optional?
4) Once you’ve added your language code, save the file.
5) Upload the modified wp-config.php file into the WordPress root directory.
My question: Do I drag the file using Filezilla? How do I find the WP root directory?
6) Open your browser and go to your WordPress site. It should now display in the newly-installed language. Along with a list of all added languages in the general settings area
Request: a screenshot of this would be nice.
Thanks in advance for your help!