How to ensure that new affiliates agree to affiliate agreement

Does the affiliates plugin allow potential affiliates to agree to an affiliate agreement before they officially become affiliates?

Corn

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @cornelius_butler

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

I am afraid affiliates plugin doesn't have such option. But you can use out TOS at sign up and you can include the affiliate section in there.

Hope it helps! Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Paul
    • The Green Incsub

@cornelius_butler,

Since taking over the plugin from the previous developer I initially thought this needed some checkbox so the affiliate user is aware they are agreeing to the terms and conditions. And like @Ashok pointed out I was considering integration with our own TOS plugin.

But then I stepped back. The TOS is really for the user signup. This is not the same as Affiliate. Meaning There is not option on the user signup to also allow the user to become an affiliate. The user's affiliate activation is a secondary part of the process. In some cases not all user signups will be affiliate users.

So taking a look at the 'Affiliate Referral' page shown under the user's profile. On that page is the yellow box where the user must enable the affiliate functionality. See first image.

And the text there is controlled by the admin under Affiliates > Settings. See second image.

So I'm not sure there is much more we can add. Except maybe a checkbox on the user profile stating they agree with the Terms of the affiliate system you have implemented. Thoughts?

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Thank you @Paul for your nice comment. How's about adding like this?

In admin settings, there will be a text field to add terms and conditions for the users.

And in user profile settings, below "Enable Affiliate Links", there could be a text like "By enabling affiliate link you agree with the Terms and Conditions" and Terms and Conditions will be linked to a popup that will show the text that is inputted by the admin.

Just a thought :slight_smile:

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.