How to expand the blog posts, and display them entirely, not as a summary

I have a problem with making the Blog posts page displaying entire posts rather than only displaying the summary of each post.

Here is an example: http://mathosproject.com/updates/.

In the settings, I set "For each article in a feed, show" to "full text", but it does not help me.

• Vaughan

Hi @artem,

You will need to edit the plugin for this.

but you would be best using a child theme.

The theme comes with it's own child, so just move the child theme out of the themes folder and copy it to your wp-content/themes folder.

Once done.

Add the following to it's functions.php

<?php
    /* non buddypress loop functions */
    function wpmu_excerpt_loop_full(){
    		rewind_posts();
    		while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>
    		<div class="post" id="post-<?php the_ID(); ?>">
    			<div class="post-content-wp">
    					<h2 class="posttitle"><a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>" rel="bookmark" title="<?php _e( 'Permanent Link to', 'product' ) ?> <?php the_title_attribute(); ?>"><?php the_title(); ?></a></h2>
    					<p class="date"><span class="byline"><?php the_time('M j Y') ?> <?php _e( 'in', 'product' ) ?> <?php the_category(', ') ?> <em><?php _e( 'by ', 'product' ) ?><?php the_author_link();  ?></em></span></p>
    						<div class="entry">
    									<a href="<?php the_permalink() ?>">
    										<?php if(function_exists('the_post_thumbnail')) { ?><?php if(get_the_post_thumbnail() != "") { ?><div class="alignleft">
    										<?php the_post_thumbnail(); ?></div><?php } } ?>
    									</a>
    							<?php the_content(); ?>
    						</div>
    				<p class="postmetadata"><span class="tags"><?php the_tags( __( 'Tags: ', 'product' ), ', ', '<br />'); ?></span> <span class="comments"><?php comments_popup_link( __( 'No Comments »', 'product' ), __( '1 Comment »', 'product' ), __( '% Comments »', 'product' ) ); ?></span></p>
    			</div>
    		</div>
    			<?php endwhile;
    }
    add_action('wpmu_excerptloop', 'wpmu_excerpt_loop_full', 99, 1);

?>

This will change the excerptloop to the_content() instead of the_excerpt()

hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.