How to export coursepro to another wordpress site

Hi, how can I export course and unit created to another WordPress site?

Regards

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Barni

Welcome to WPMU community!

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

I am afraid there is export option right now. This is already marked as feature request and is already in the development queue. Hopefully it will be integrated soon.

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Barni

You can show courses like the sample page if you use our coursepress theme. You will find the theme in /plugins/coursepress/themes/ folder. Otherwise, you have to build custom template if you use any other theme.

As I said, there is no export import option for coursepress. But I have marked as feature request already.

Cheers
    Ash

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Barni,

So, how can I setup the home course (in list) to look like the one int the home

By "home course" (in list)", are you referring to the list of courses on your site? And when you say that you want it to "look like the one int the home", did you mean to refer to the 1st screenshot in the "The User Experience" section on the usage page?

I'm seeing that the only difference presently is what widgets you have on the right sidebar, is there something else that you're wanting here?

Also, when you say:

how can I create the about content page as seen in the sample

You're referring to the "About the Course" section on a course page, correct? Could you elaborate on this please? :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Barni
    • The Bug Hunter

@Michael Bissett, thanks. Request for solution is quite late these days seems.
    The course detail/about course is already set. However, how can i have a unique home page because I had to redirect courses page to act has home page though not bad. But I may want to have a unique style for my coursesite home page.

Regards

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @Barni

I hope you are well today.

To do, please go to Settings > Reading and set any page as front page. Then use the following code:

add_action("pre_get_posts", "custom_front_page");
    function custom_front_page($wp_query){
        //Ensure this filter isn't applied to the admin area
        if(is_admin()) {
            return;
        }

if($wp_query->get('page_id') == get_option('page_on_front')):

$wp_query->set('post_type', 'course');
            $wp_query->set('page_id', ''); //Empty

//Set properties that describe the page to reflect that
            //we aren't really displaying a static page
            $wp_query->is_page = 0;
            $wp_query->is_singular = 0;
            $wp_query->is_post_type_archive = 1;
            $wp_query->is_archive = 1;

endif;

}

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

It should work :slight_smile:

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.