How To Extend Roles & Capabilties

Currently I can only get EasyBlogging (EB) to display for users who have Roles designated with Wordpress standard (Author, Editor, COntributor)...

I am looking to extend the EB dashboard to custom roles, and would like to confirm what "capabilties" are required for EasyBlogging to authenticate the user role. I ask because I have the exact same author role capabilities set for my custom author role and the EASY BLOGGING is not granted access,

So far I have found this function in EB:

function wdeb_current_user_can ($roles)

So i am assuming the EB checks for specific capabilites associated with roles to determine if the user should be granted view of the dashboard.

Can you please confirm what Roles & Capabilities variables/settings, Easy BLOGGING needs set to display?

I am using Justin Tadlocks Members Plugin to modify and create roles and capabilties

Here is the plugin url:
<< http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/members/ >>

I duplicated the Author Role Capabilties for My Custom-Author Role but Easy Blogging is not working.

I am not sure if these capabilities are specific to the plugin or if they are part of the wordpresss coding standards:

• delete_published_posts
• edit_published_posts
• publish_documents
• edit_posts
• edit_published_documents
• read
• read_document_revisions
• upload_files
• delete_documents
• delete_posts
• edit_documents
• post_avatars
• publish_posts
• read_documents

When I use these capabilities for my custom_auithor role Easy Blogging does not recognize the user as a Blog Writer.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

• Emanaku

I am not sure, kampester, if I understand you right.

For a test I installed EB on a multisite network (with subdomains). In the subdomain "test" I created a role "Author Own" with the same capabilities as "Author". This user can login into the test subdomain and can switch between EB and the normal dashboard.

For another test I created the same role in the main domain of the network.
    Then I looked at the EB settings of the network: It shows the role in the section "Force Eays Mode for Users with role" (see screenshot) and I forced it :wink:
    The result is: When I login as an "Author Own" user at subdomain "test" I see the EB and cannot change to the normal dashboard.

So to me: It looks like all is ok ... or you might want sth else which is not covered by this tests?

Have fun!!

• 3SixtyEvolve

Hi Erik

Ah, I had fun trying to work through this one :slight_smile: I have to agree with Emanaku that I also had no problem posting as my test author. I duplicated the author capabilities to my test author and then posted, being logged in as it. I could only access the WP Dashboard in the Easy Blogging mode. And all worked fine.

If we misunderstood what you're trying to accomplish, please let us know and we can look into this further. I was also testing on a Multisite, with BuddyPress, so the only difference between your configuration and mine is the versions. Mine are all the latest versions, so not sure if that could be a reason for your test author not to be able to post...

Look forward to your feedback on this.

Have a good weekend!

Gina

(Oh, yes... my results screenshot)

• aecnu

Greetings kampester,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.