how to find and custom a multisite site theme/css?

Hi, I got multisite set up and built two sites with the same theme. now I'd like to make style/css for one of site, but could not find its theme directory(from ftp), though I can see the activated theme in the admin backend. am I doing something wrong here? where the theme directory for each site in network? if it does not exist, how to custom a site in multisite network?

Thanks,

Jason

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi @Jason

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Themes directory is same for WordPress MultiSites and WordPress Single Site. You can find theme from wp-content/themes folder via FTP or FileManager.

There is no different theme directory for each site all sites share same themes directory and if a theme is activated on multiple sites of your network the changes made in theme files will be applied to all your sites.

Solution:
    If the changes are simple CSS tweaks then you can use a plugin like simple custom CSS plugin and add your CSS code in Appearance > Custom CSS section after installing/activating the plugin.

If they are complex and you want to make changes in files then prefer using different theme for each site and make changes there or use conditional tag by getting the ID of current site using "get_current_blog_id" function and matching the ID with your specific site ID you want your changes to take affect for.

Multisites enhancements is a plugin that you can use to get the ID of your sites in dashboard.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/multisite-enhancements/

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Cheers, Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.