How to find out more about WPMU Dev CDN?

Hi,

I'm exploring the option of using the WPMU Dev CDN but am having a hard time finding more information about the CDN, how it will decrease server load and increase page load speed, etc. I am also interested to understand how the CDN performs in different regions as some of my websites are "global", some are quite regional and I need to take this into consideration.

Thank you very much in advance for your time and help.

Regards,

Georgi

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Georgi, I hope you're doing well!

Just to clarify you mean the Hummingbird and CloudFlare integration? It does significantly increase the site load time for your visitors. CloudFlare caches a site's content across our global network and this way it increase the site load for users

Here some more information about CloudFlare you might find useful:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/faster-with-cloudways-wpmu-dev/

Once you connect the Hummingbird with the Cloudflare, you will have the flexibility to control Browser Caching from your site. More about Hummingbird integration can be found here.

I am also interested to understand how the CDN performs in different regions as some of my websites are "global", some are quite regional and I need to take this into consideration

CloudFalre has networks all over the world, it detects the user's location based on an IP and load cache from the nearest network. Please see here.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Muhammad
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I'm exploring the option of using the WPMU Dev CDN but am having a hard time finding more information about the CDN

Hello

I'm still having trouble understanding what appears on the Hummingbird plugin: "Do you want to store your minified files on WPMU DEV’s super-fast CDN?"

Does WPMUDEV have a CDN? If yes, why I'm not finding any information about it on the site?

All that is there is about Cloudflare and other CDN Services.

• Nastia
      • Support Rock Star

Hello Muhammad , hope you're doing well!

Thank you for posting in this thread, however, because this issue is resolved for the original author that has posted it, please create a new one or speak with us directly during a live chat.

This way, the author will not be getting email notifications each time when there is a new post in the thread.

Does WPMUDEV have a CDN? If yes, why I'm not finding any information about it on the site?

The WPMU DEV CDN option that is included in minification section uses Amazon Cloudfront and stores site's files there. The feature is quite new so we haven't updated our documentation yet.

For any further questions, please open live support, when we will be happy to answer all your questions in a short amount of time.

Kind regards,
      Nastia

• Gerry
    • New Recruit

Sorry if this reply is unrelated.

I just started using WPMU DEV CDN on my site today and when I looked at the source (browser view source) the files are still hosted on my site and not the CDN. I'm not sure if I had to clear the W3 Total Cache cache to see the changes.

• Nahid
    • Tech Support

Hey Gerry !
    Hope you are having a great day!

If you are using the CDN, the files shouldn't be hosted on your site (without some exceptions). And yes, you definitely need to clear your cache both from any caching plugins and your server (if you're using any caching services) to see any changes. If it still doesn't solve the problem, I'd suggest you to open a new thread or use our 24/7 chat as this needs some testing and diagnosis.

Thanks!

Best,
    Nahid.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.