How to Find Plugin Updates

I received a notice in my WP Admin that there were important WPMU Dev plugin updates. The notice contained a link, but it appeared broken. How do I find which of my WPMU Dev. plugins need to be updated? (I have quite a few). Do I need to ftp update them or can I use WP's built-in updater?

• drmike
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I personally don;t use any autoupdater. You should be testing any change on a testbed first, checking to see if the change works, doesn;t kick out any errors, etc. Making changes to a live site without testing first is a very bad idea.

I;ve got a needle with some foreign liquid in it. Would you let me inject it into you?

Feel free to use the autoupdater to keep track of what needs to be changed though. WPMU also provides feeds to check what gets updated and released. Someone else is going to have to find the links for you as I;m dealing with 5 minute page loads here.

And if the broken link is for the rebranding plugins, it;s been mentioned a couple of times already. If now, some details would be helpful.

• wadams92101
    • The Crimson Coder

Thanks Dr. Mike, also for the reminder re the test site - its saved my butt a couple of times already but I figured I might skip it for the high-reliability of wpmu dev plugins. As for the broken link, yes I am using a number of the rebranding plugins so misery loves company ("misery" is probably a little strong here but you get what I mean). :wink:

• wadams92101
    • The Crimson Coder

I updated the plugins the best I could be going directly to plugins directory on this website and looking for recent updates, re-downloading, then uploading via FTP. However, the update notification is still on top of my plugins menu, and the link in the notification is still broken. What to do?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.