How to fix Buddypress lag and database repair when coming back from multiblog?

When I started my multisite I wanted to have the same userbase and groups in buddypress for all sites on the installation so I set multiblog to true in the settings file. After a year of use and around 1,200 members, I needed to turn the buddypress installations back to singular and set multiblog to false. The two secondary sites function fine and have a good speed but the main site is slower and things like the "load more" button and buddypress specific functions are extremely slow. How can I rebuild to get my speed back?

Multisite installation
Dedicated rackspace cloud server for the files and a separate rackspace cloud server just for the database.
http://www.theholler.org

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hi Bruce,

Can you enable the debug mode in WordPress? To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

In order to enable the error logging to a file on the server you need to add yet one more similar line:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/directory.

Depending on whether you want your errors to be only logged or also displayed on the screen you should also have this line there, immediately after the line mentioned above:

define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If this started to happening after the BuddyPress update, than maybe there are errors that are causing this issue.
    Can you grant support access to this site? You can grant support access via WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access. I would like to take a look.

Kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska
    • Support nomad

Hi @Bruce,

Can you send me errors from the debug.log file? I tried to check your site with p3 profile plugin to see what could be causing this problem and while it was scanning the plugins list page your dashborad crashed. I'm not sure if it was p3 profiler, or something else - for while your server stop responding. If it the p3 plugin, please login to FTP and change it's folder name in plugins folder.
    Front-end of your sites is working.
    I'm sorry for the trouble - sometimes this things happen while troubleshooting.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.