How to force new site created in Pro Site into HTTP only?

As title state.

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Hi Vyse, hope you had a wonderful day.

I'm afraid, this is not possible out of the box. And you will need some custom .htaccess coding for doing this. Can you please check this thread and try the solution provided there?

If that doesn't help, please let us know. I'll flag our second level support as they can help you better regarding this.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

If it seems to be complex to you, you can always hire a developer from our Jobs Section to do this for your. Please keep in mind, developers found in our Jobs Section are not assoicated with us. So communicate with them well before you make any payments to them.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Rupok
    • Support Ninja

Well, I'm flagging our SLS Team regarding this. I believe they can help, but chances are high, this will end up as a custom job as Pro Sites doesn't natively have any option of changing protocol (HTTP vs. HTTPS) for sites created through Pro Sites.

Please keep in mind, our SLS People work round the clock and they have to deal with lots of critical issues and other things. So it may take a little while for them to check this and provide a workaround.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Vyse

As Rupok said, Pro Sites has nothing to do with protocol, it just calls the usual WP register function and that does the rest of the job. This should be handled by htaccess. Please try the following htaccess:

RewriteEngine on
    RewriteCond %{HTTPS} !on
    RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(www\.)?domain\.com
    RewriteRule ^.*$ https://%{HTTP_HOST}%{REQUEST_URI} [R=301,L]

Please note that, it will work only if you have subdomain multisite setup. If you have subdirectory setup, then you can't make it working.

Have a good day!

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.