How To Get Alternative Payment Methods

Team WPMU,

A few of my users have asked about other payment systems, on par with Paypal. Square has been raised, as has the ability to use Google Pay, Apple Pay, or the upcoming Amazon payments.

Basically, they want to leverage the larger payment platforms to reduce sales friction. Often times, people don't buy from an individual vendor because you have to fill out all of the info. It's the hassle factor, I suppose.

Is there a way to extend MarketPress to allow for other payment methods?

Thanks,
Rob

• Rupok

Hi Rob

Hope you had a wonderful day.

Is there a way to extend MarketPress to allow for other payment methods?

I'm afraid, it's not possible with currently available options in MarketPress. But you can download the plugin, see coding architecture for currently available payement gateway files, then write your own payment gateway integration file, and include them as other payment gateways are included in the plugin. This is a very advanced custom task which is beyond our support scope.

However, I liked you idea so I'm moving your thread to our Features and Feedback section. More people liking the idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include this feature in our future releases.

Have a nice day. Cheers!

• jetmac

Thank you, Rupok ,

The real concern is that there is a lot of sales friction when members have to enter in their information all of the time. The ability to adapt a larger pay system that many are already members of makes this much easier. And, it may even help with the whole mobile issue, allowing people to more easily buy things off your site at conventions, presentations, etc.

My site caters to authors, and many have noted that people in the audience will buy their stuff from Amazon during, or slightly after, presentations. Also, convention appearances. Stripe is often requested as a result of this (swipe to buy). The end result is that for several of my members, their site storefront is just an index directing users to Square, so they can consolidate online and offline purchase activity.

It would be great to somehow tap into that broader payment system capability, so all transactions can flow through the user's site.

Thank you for considering this as a feature -- I think it would be very valuable.

Rob

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.