How to get an indented pages menu

When I use the side bar to present a page list then the list is presented as a straight list that ignores parent and child indenting so the format is lost in the sidebar. So a page list as;

Section Page1

– – – Child page 1

– – – Child page 2

Section Page2

– – – Child page 1

– – – Child page 2

– – – – – – Child of Child

Is presented as;

Section Page1

Child page 1

Child page 2

Section Page2

Child page 1

Child page 2

Child of Child

I’ve tried adding in css from another theme edited to work with the bpside div but this does not work. How can I do this?

• CliveH
    • New Recruit

This is the BuddyPress Community theme that I downloaded from this site. From what I recall there was a pull down menu presented when I wrote the above and within this I selected the BuddyPress Community theme line. Obviously that is a very important bit of info that if left out of the front presentation makes this enquiry less meaningful?

I’ve edited other themes to include indents but no matter what I edit in this theme (or addin) it makes no difference.

• CliveH
    • New Recruit

Hi Aaron, sorry I’m presenting a site with private membership as a therapist dealing with clients so I don’t want to give access. I thought I’d better get back here and explain things in more detail before I get more complaints from drmike . . . . . haha

I’m using the text widget to present a bulleted linked list in the sidebar if this list is written and presented in a page then yep, great the formatting is there BUT copying the html into the text widget and putting it into ‘any’ sidebar of this theme it’s not bulleted or indented (as presented above). So, the ‘code’ in the css to do this is missing. I’m also using a straight WP theme alibi3col- 1.7 by Themocracy for my blogs which does retain the indenting using exactly the same html using the text widget. I edited the css in this theme sometime ago to change the formatting so I’m not totally useless with css BUT no matter what I change or add in to the BuddyPress Community theme OR the current latest default buddypress theme I cannot figure out how to make bulleted indenting work in the text widget in these themes?

Is this enough?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.