How to get M2 users in "sync" with PS users?

Good Day,
I would like to know if there is a mechanism in place to keep users of these two user manager applications in sync with each other. When I try to use a role manager plugin to assign rights, or better create groups nothing seems to be able to see the users that these two apps manage.

Thanks,

Bradley

• Luís
    • Support

Hi Bradley ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Pro Sites don't manage users exatcly, it manages Sites or permissions to that sites based on the levels.

If you enable Membership network wide, you can assign a default membership to all the users, but it will not separate the users that have a site than the regular subscribers (which didn't created a site).

Can you give us more details about what you are trying to achive so I can ping our SLS team (code experts :slight_smile: ) to get their valuable feedback about this, in order to understand what can be done.

Cheers, Luís

• Bradley
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I want to create one level of support for one level of pro site and another level of support for another. By support I mean videos and articles. I would like to manage content based support presenting what is appropriate for each prosite level.

bradley

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello Bradley

You can try the following code from gist: https://gist.github.com/bappi-d-great/d92e4b4846428c73f2de75696365f57f

You just need to map membership IDs with Pro level and define the site ID where membership is active, instruction is added in the code as a comment.

You can add those codes in your functions.php in the theme, if you think your theme won’t be changed. Otherwise mu-plugins is the best solution. To use mu-plugins, go to /wp-content/ and find the folder with name 'mu-plugins'. If there is no folder in that name, then create a folder, name it 'mu-plugins', create a file inside that, give any name you like and paste the code in there. You don't need to activate that plugin. Mu-plugins means must use plugins, so it will be activated automatically always. If you use mu-plugins then add a php start tag at the beginning of the code.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have any.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.