how to get plugin updates when you no longer have contact with the original developer

Hi,
I just took over a client site that is an older site that was developed by someone else. two of the plugins on the site are out of date and defender is labeling them as having serious vulnerabilities. They are layer slider and slider revolution. I was not the one that purchased these two and there is no way to get in touch with the former developer. How do I get these two up to date because I don't want this security situation on one of my servers.

Corn

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Corn,

If those are both paid plugins you need to purchase licence for them and then you will get option to update them from Dashboard. If you can't get in touch with developer that purchased them for your client, nor he left any keys for those I don't see any other (legal) way to update those.

Oh, I would check if those plugins are not part of the theme - maybe you have (or your client) access to service where that theme was purchased and there you will find updates.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.