How to get rid of the Coursepress default Menu?

When we activate course press a menu gets automatically added to the primary menu bar which is contra productive as it crashes the design. How to get rid of that and placing the menu on another spot?

Thanks i.e. as icons like it is done in jobs and experts!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hey Andi,

Hope you had a nice weekend :slight_smile:

You can go to CoursePress > Settings > General Settings tab, scroll down to Theme Menu Items and there disable "Display Menu Items" option.
    Save the settings and that should be it :slight_smile:

When enabled these items are assigned to your primary menu and I'm afraid there's no option to move it different one without some additional coding.

If your theme has multiple menus you can add CP pages manually to different menu.

Best regards,
    Predrag

• Andi

Hi Predrag

Ok Thanks that helped already, with the pages I need to see how to do it as having those menu items fixed on top is really not useful. It would be at least a help if those menu items would be available like those in jobs and experts - please let the developer know to change that.

Also Membership2 adds Menu items to the main menu but at least here you can delete those and display them in another menu on your site. Something like that actually would be needed!

Thanks!

Andi

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Andi,

Thanks for the suggestions, I will move this thread to our features and feedback section so devs can consider changing this in future releases.

For now you can use custom link in Appearance > Menus and add virtual pages to desired menu that way, or you can replace virtual pages with standard pages with shortcode (where possible) and add those pages to menu.

Best regards,
    Predrag