How to get rid of white space?

Hi
I am using the Twenty Seventeen theme and on the front page, there seems to be a big white gap above the title of Each section and after the text below each section. How do i lessen this?

Same with the white gap between section Title and text of the first paragraph of each section.

Thanks

• James Morris
    • WordPress Enthusiast

Hello Sandra,

Welcome to the WPMU DEV community! :slight_smile:

If you are referring to the elements highlighted in the following screenshot (https://goo.gl/jqSCEr), the CSS you'll want to modify is as follows:

@media screen and (min-width: 48em)
    .blog .site-main > article, .archive .site-main > article, .search .site-main > article {
        padding-bottom: 4em;
    }

body:not(.twentyseventeen-front-page) .entry-header {
        padding: 1em 0;
    }

You'll need to adjust the padding values to your desired amount. You can do this by adding your CSS to the Additional CSS section in Customizer (see screenshot: https://goo.gl/0datKK).

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello there

Try the following:

.blog .site-main > article, .archive .site-main > article, .search .site-main > article {
        padding-bottom: 2em;
    }

body:not(.twentyseventeen-front-page) .entry-header {
        padding: 0.5em 0;
    }

You can add this to a theme's stylesheet, in a child theme, or using a plugin like My Custom CSS.

If it still doesn't work, please share your site URL so that we can check and suggest :slight_smile:

Have a good day!

Cheers
    Ash

• Sandra
    • New Recruit

Hi, it didn't work, but i found the solution, thanks anyway

.page-one-column .panel-content .wrap {
    padding: 1em 0 .5em;
    }

.page.page-one-column .entry-header,
    .twentyseventeen-front-page.page-one-column .entry-header,
    .archive.page-one-column:not(.has-sidebar) .page-header {
    margin-bottom: 1em;
    }

My only problem with this code is that when you view the website on a smaller device other than desktop, there doesnt seem to be enough padding around the content.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.