How to get the member level access to work properly

I've read through the documentation and experimented with different rules to block or allow access to content, but have not been able to make it work as it should.

Specifically, I want content under the 'Members' menu to be accessible only to the two levels of membership. It seems to be working partially, but not as expected. I must be missing something in the access levels/subscription setups, or something is not working correctly. Also, when i do make changes they are not always immediately visible on the site, sometimes it takes a while for changes to take effect.

I'm frustrated and confused.

http://www.pathwaysforveterans.org

• aecnu

Greetings Pathways4Vets,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and after visiting your site and waiting forever for it to load (long time - forever is an exaggeration of course) and not being able to click on the drop down member menu items to try to get a path for you to recommend using URL Groups and giving you an example, I gave up on the example part ... lol

In any event, I would use URL Groups which require paths to authorize certain levels to access those paths as you desire.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Pathways4Vets

We were having some site issues after installing the Membership plugin. The site actually crashed and was totally white without error message. Our hosting company reported that there was a memory overload as a result of the plugins folder. They recommended eliminating or deactivating plugins to identify the culprit. Any ideas if "Membership" is causing these kinds of errors?

I created the URL Groups per your suggestion; however, I am left with the same challenge of making them accessible via the Levels panel. Since that is where I was having the issues originally I'm still stuck. I tried a negative rule that excluded the URL Groups for the different Levels, but nothing happened.

• aecnu

Greetings Pathways4Vets,

Thank you for your input which is absolutely appreciated.

Our hosting company reported that there was a memory overload as a result of the plugins folder.

This is absolutely possible and dependent upon the hosting company and how much php memory they allow for your account.

So lets find out. Please download the attached file and extract it. Then upload the file into your root site folder.

Now pull the file up in your browser using something like http://yourdomain.com/phpinfo.php

On that page we are looking for the value of memory_limit which we would like to see 512MB and at least 128MB for your WordPress MultiSite installation with Membership.

Some hosts are not WordPress MultiSite friendly contrary to their claims and only allot 32MB which is just enough to run WordPress without a plugin or two.

Please advise and look forward to hearing from you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.