How to go about developing app using PHP being employed in wordpress?

I wanna develop - something like vocabulary builder - where words and related attributes are stored along with difficulty levels - as per standard (students for example) and then build few innovative games around it - where students may further be rewarded with some reward points similar to one used here in these forums.

Do I need to develop plugin for this? or there is some other way out also? (Probably which one is simpler)

• phillcoxon
    • The Crimson Coder

That sounds much more like it would be a custom programming solution rather than a WordPress plugin.

Are you wanting to develop this yourself (as in write the code) or develop the product by having someone else write the code?

Both options are outside the scope of what WPMUdev offers.

• Tom Eagles
    • Syntax Hero

@Pawan Arora

There are already quite a few good vocab games and plugins over at codecanyon.com, i have already used them on a few sites for language courses. However for something more serious you should look at something like moodle with its very powerful quiz modules.

Cheers

Tom

• Pawan Arora
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks phillcoxon

Thanks Tom.

I did searched on this site but couldn't find similar plugins. Can you name any one of them,,,or specific link.

Anyways, I am also interested in trying my hands on few things.

I am familiar with php and all but not with designing plugins....or developing pages in php and then invoking them in wordpress through some iframe plugin or similar stuff.

do advise.

regards

Pawan Arora

• Pawan Arora
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Phillcoxon

Are you wanting to develop this yourself (as in write the code) or develop the product by having someone else write the code?

Yeah, sort of , wanna dirty my hands a little bit.

I am good with coding, but probably here it is lil different. No experience with plugins..but interested. May be few things for the sake of trying...

any help?

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Pawan Arora,

Knock, Knock - Housekeeping --> Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.