How to go direct to posts?

I want to thank Rupok for answering my previous question by telling me how to switch from Sandbox to Live Site mode, but don't know how to reach him. Now that potential customers can sign up via PayPal, how do they get to the posts? When they go to the Login link on the home page, they get a screen that says, "Page Not Found" and also says "404." But if they then click "Search," and then on the next screen click "Read More," they do get the current post. This is ridiculous. I want them to go directly to the current post when they log in, as well as when they sign up via Pay Pal. How can I accomplish this?

• Nastia

Hello Robert , I hope you are doing well today!

Just to be sure, is your question regarding the Membership 2 plugin? If yes, then, in this case, I'm afraid it is not possible to make a user redirect to the same page he was previously on, especially if you're using a login form in multiple pages.

You can use the Membership log-in shortcode and redirect users only to one cpesific page:

[ms-membership-login redirect_login="http://domain.com/"]

Replace the URL http://domain.com/ with the URL you wish your user to be redirected too.

As for log in redirect issue, would you please grant access from WPMU DEV > Support so I can have a closer look?

Please see the detailed instructions on the link below:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Let me know when you do!

Kind regards,
    Nastia

• Robert

Hello, Nastia. Yes, I am referring to the Membership 2 plugin, and I forgot to say that I also have the "Dynamic Latest Post in Nav Menu" plugin installed and activated. It is OK with me if a new member, after registering, has to return to the Home Page. I do want registered members, upon login, to go directly to the current post. You suggest that I could use a Membership log-in shortcode to redirect users, but will that do what I want? Anyway, where would I put the shortcode? Sorry, but I just don't know. I would be delighted to have you take control of my computer to see what can be done about the 404 message that comes up when the Login link is pressed, but my WP Dashboard does not have a WPMU DEV option as your link says it will. So how can we do it? I'd love to get my site up and running on Nov. 15.

• Sajid

Hello Robert,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I do want registered members, upon login, to go directly to the current post.

If they are redirected to a protected page while attempting to see a post they don't have access to and then login on protected page then they should redirect to the post they came from. That is the default behaviour of Membership 2 Pro plugin, unless you override this by shortcode or using the redirect control plugin.

Here is the flow of redirection:
    1. Users came to a protected page/post
    2. Membership plugin will redirect users to protected content page.
    3. From protected content page, login form (use membership plugin login shortcode without any parameters [ms-membership-login]), they will be redirected back to previouse page/referrer.

You suggest that I could use a Membership log-in shortcode to redirect users, but will that do what I want? Anyway, where would I put the shortcode?

This is incase, user directly come to login page. On this page, add following shortcode and replace the link with your own link.
    [ms-membership-login redirect_login="http://domain.com/"]

However, this will still redirect to only one static link provided in the shorcode.

I would be delighted to have you take control of my computer to see what can be done about the 404 message that comes up when the Login link is pressed, but my WP Dashboard does not have a WPMU DEV option as your link says it will. So how can we do it?

We can not access your computer and fix this issue before.

However, what Nastia mean is, install WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin on your WordPress website and then grant support staff access. This way, we will log into your website Dashboard and take a closer look.

To grant access go to WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Support Access or see this manual for more details regarding how to enable support staff access.

Take care and have a nice day!

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.