How To Handle Limited Availability Appointments?

Team WPMU,

OK, I'm not sure if Appointments+ can do this, and not sure if Events is relevant. But, here is my problem:

I have building a site for a riding school, and they offer both organized classes and private classes. The trainers are there for various parts of the day, but are not always available for private classes, due to teaching the standard group classes.

I don't see how I can manage this in Appointments+ as it seems that the plugin is based on the assumption that staff is available for any appointment at any time on any day, except during breaks. With only have one break period a day.

So, how do I handle situations like this with Appointments+ and/or Events:

A trainer who is present all day on Monday (8am - 5pm), teaches standard group classes from 08:00 to 09:00 and again from 10:30 to 11:30. Has lunch from 12-1 and another group class from 3:30-4:30. But, in the open times between group classes (9-10:30 and 1-3:30) would like to schedule private lessons, beginner evaluations, etc.

Thanks,
Rob

• James Morris

Hello jetmac,

I hope you are well today.

I went through a setup with your specifications in Appointments+ and I'm afraid it's not a good fit for what you are wanting to do. The problem, of course, is the different time slots for different services. This is a bit problematic.

However, I also did a setup with the Events+ plugin and this seemed to be a much better fit for what you are wanting to do. Since Events+ supports recurring events, it enables you to define an event that recurs every week at a specific time slot. This makes it much easier to accomplish what you are wanting to do.

Here's a video walk-thru of my setup which shows how I accomplished something like what you are wanting to do: https://goo.gl/3pgbS8

Now, if you have more than one instructor, you may want to append their name to the Event name, like:

Private Class with Bob 1:00pm-3:30pm

This would make identifying your classes much simpler.

And since you can export your RSVPs to a CSV file, this makes keeping track of your events and setting up your instructor scheduling much simpler.

I hope this clarifies a bit.

Best regards,

James Morris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.