how to have custom thank you pages dependant upon each membership?

Hi,

Hoping you may be able to offer a way to change a membership thank you page DEPENDING on which membership was just purchased. This is so I can create a sales funnel process with thank you pages offering upsells or cross-sales related to the chosen membership during checkout.

Specifically, although I see the ability to choose a thank you page during MPro 2 set up (which is then used with all memberships), can you suggest how I can change the thank you page (return path) for each individual membership? I cannot find this option when setting up each individual membership?

If not possible from within MPro 2, is it perhaps possible by changing the return path during the checkout process itself?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you.
Jay

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Jay,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question.

Currently the Membership 2 Pro plugin doesn't support such scenario out of the box. There's only one "Thank You" page that's common for all the memberships.

However, assuming that all the memberships are automatically activated (meaning that they are either free or charged via one of the payment gateways but not via "Manual Payments"), you could "customize" content within that page with a little help of membership protection shortcodes.

For example, let's say that there are two memberships available for members to sign up for - M1 and M2 (M1 membership ID: 1 and M2 membership ID: 2). On a thank you page you could put a content like this:

[ms-protect-content id="1" silent="yes"]
    Thank you for purchasing Membership M1
    [/ms-protect-content]

[ms-protect-content id="2" silent="yes"]
    Welcome to the M2 Membership
    [/ms-protect-content]

All the member who signed up for M1 membership should then see only the "Thank you for purchasing Membership M1" message, while members that signed up for M2 membership should see the other message.

Of course, nothing stands in a way to put some links inside these messages so in the end members of different memberships would be pointed to different end-points.

Let me know please if that would work for you!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Jay

Thank you Adam, Very helpful.

Where can I find the option to add the url for the thank you page that would immediately follow a membership purchase?

I hope you are not referring to the redirect url upon login (using the redirect addon) as this would mean everything someone signs in to their course, they will instead see the thank page confirmation of their purchase and not a welcome page or accounts page to their membership(s)?

As a thank you page is just that, to thank them and confirm their previous action (checkout successful) it needs to be different to the page that is used to redirect them after membership login.

Please advise.
    Thank you.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello!

Since just talked on chat, I'll just leave a quick summary here for you and other Members that might stumble across this thread :slight_smile:

The "Thank You" page can be selected in Membership 2 Pro settings on the "Membership 2 -> Settings -> General" page in your site's backend. That's a regular WP page of your choice that, by default, contains this content:

[ms-note type="info"]Your request to join the membership was successfully received!<br/>The Payment Gateway could take a couple of minutes to process and return the payment status.[/ms-note]
    [ms-membership-account-link]

You can edit it however and place your own content there in addition or instead of the default one. You can then use protection shortcodes (just like I described in my previous post ). You can put e.g. videos or buttons linked to some other parts of your site between these protection shortcodes if you want :slight_smile:

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.