How to have multiple independent subscription-level's?

I want to have multiple independent subscription-level’s that people can sign up for one, some, or all of them.

Every time I make more than one subscription-level “public” it treats them like “upgrades” where signing up drops the level the person was on and replaces it with the new subscription. I don’t want one to be dropped and replaced with the new one. I want them to have TWO (or more) subscription-levels.

Making the subscription private and manually creating a subscription button with short codes seems to do nothing (it just returns to the subscription page having changed nothing).

Right now all subscriptions are “serial, 365” Options>limit upgrades=365. I have only one subscription as ‘public’ at this point.

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hi, Kipp!

I think the plugin actually already has this covered for you, since each higher level subscription automatically has the features and access levels provided by any subscription under it. So, say, if you had Subscriptions Silver, Gold, and Platinum, a Platinum member would automatically have all the features of being both a Gold and Silver member, as well.

Hope this helps!

• Kipp
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

No… I have a “Professional” membership – that gets general access. Then there are 11 sub-categories – each with their own restricted space.

All members must have a “Professional” membership (65$).

THEN they can join “strawberry” ($5) to see posts under “strawberry” category for a year.

Or, alternately they could join “blueberry” ($5) and wouldn’t have access to “strawberry” category posts but rather “blueberry” category posts.

Or they could join both “blueberry” AND “strawberry” (each at $5) and see both sets of posts in both category blueberry and category strawberry.

Ideas?

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

I’m pretty new to both this job and Memberships, so I went to my benevolent overlords in the support team to brainstorm.

Out of the box, this isn’t a feature, BUT we can work around that. It’s a little awkward, but between the two of us, I bet we could smooth it up. Members can’t technically have more than one subscription at a time, so what you’d need to do is plot out how many different combinations of access points you’d like to offer, so say:

Upgrade A: Blueberry Access

Upgrade B: Strawberry Access

Upgrade C: Strawberry AND Blueberry Access

etc.

So your base Membership would all be in the Professional level, then they can choose one upgrade package that meets all their needs.

Since you’ve got eleven options, that’s going to be a little convoluted, there are a lot of combos that can be made from eleven options, so there may be a way to streamline how many options show at a time, if that’s an issue.

Hope this is a little closer to what you were looking for! I did just hear that Membership 4 is right around the corner, and it’s supposed to be AWESOME.

• Kipp
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks much!! At this point I’m actually relieved to hear that it just isn’t a feature – I thought I was doing something wrong and have been racking my brain for weeks on this issue.

OK

I can’t change the number of memberships as this is in the bylaws of the association I’m working for, but I can just take that level of Membership out and focus only on the functionality for the primary.

Any word if Membership 4 has the option for concurrent independent subscriptions?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.