How to have plugins be preconfigured when users create a sub-site?

Hello support team,
I am trying to build a WP Multisite Network and am running into some trouble regarding plugins. Basically, I would like to have the plugins be pre-configured when someone creates a sub-site.

I'm using ProSites to manage users being able to subscribe and create their own sub-sites.
Anyways, I'm having some trouble figuring out how to deal with having plugins be pre-configured when someone creates their own sub-site. The ideal situation would be that a plugin is pre-configured and everything is setup for the user to receive their new sub-site. Otherwise, I would have to give each user instructions on how to configure each plugin or set it up for them.

The best solution I have would be to have a master site and somehow clone it when someone creates a sub-site, but maybe there's other ways.

Not sure if ProSites is the right tool for this or how to achieve this.
Any ideas?

P.S. When filling out this form I had trouble selecting the right category of where to post (form wouldn't let me), had to select MultiSite for it to let me post. Please direct to the right category.

• Robert
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks for the reply Vaughan.

Looks like New Blog Template will help settings up pages, menu items and other items.
    How does it work with ProSite's subscription levels? I mean if a user selects ProSite level 1 subscription does ProSite use the New Blog Template? How do these two work together?

I also noticed the Cloner plugin - https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/cloner/
    Wouldn't this be a better fit since it clones everything including plugin configurations I think? You know the plugins better than I, please let me know if the Cloner works with Prosites at all. Is there a way to have ProSites use Cloner to clone a site when it's created?

• Robert
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I've been testing out and playing around with the Cloner plugin. From what I understand most plugins store their settings in a database. If that's the case shouldn't cloning Custom Tables do the trick in most cases.

So let's say I have a master sub-site and all the plugins are configured the way I like. Then someone creates a sub-blog using ProSites. If I go in after them and clone ONLY the Custom Tables to their sub-site shouldn't that do the trick... in theory at least :slight_smile:

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi,

Well cloner is mainly used to clone a site to create a new site.

New blog templates has limited integration with pro-sites, so you can't specifically assign a blog template to a particular pro-site level.

However in new blog templates, you have an option to create a template site, and then mark it as default.

Now, whenever a new site is created, that default template will then be used to create the new site with.

Hope this helps

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.