How to hide community and assign to Pro Site configuration

Community is not showing in my Prosite premium plugins page. What do I do to ensure that this feature is available to only a level and not to others. And the same with invite too.

I do not want to make this feature accessible to all my levels on Prosite configuration page.

What do I need to do.

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hi Temylar,

Great question. There isn't any easy configuration for this as far as I'm aware, but tell me more about how you'd like to use this.I'm asking because I think you have the Social theme on your site, and then, I'm guessing Buddypress too. If that's so, it might be too much to have both.

If, though, you don't have Buddpress, we can look at ways to accomplish what you are after. The trick here would be to limit access to the dashboard, since communities does not have a front end. We have the Easy Blogging plugin which may help with ProSites and the dashboard:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/projects/category/plugins/?s=%22Easy+Blogging%22

Let me know more.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Paul

• Temylar
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Why would you say it is too much to have, if you are talking about buddypress and social theme, they are mostly for the front end and when it comes to both prosites, communities and the rest, they are for backend management.

But I would like to know how and what tricks I can use to actually disable communities and some other plugins that are not displaying on the prosite configuration. so that level 1 will have access no access to community and level 2 will have access to that feature.

Expecting a reply soon

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

Hi there,

I see having both Communities and Buddypress as too much for your users. I understand the differences between front and backend, but I think that's a potential source of confusion for your users. Further, I don't see on the plugin documentation that Communities is even Buddypress compatible.

Cheers,
    Paul

• Paul Barthmaier
    • Code Wrangler

For your question about ProSites, I'm unclear about hiding Communities, but you can use the plugin as you would any other plugin with ProSites, ie not network enabled and then select which level of ProSites it is to be available. In this case, each ProSite would have its own community independent of any other community on another site. Is this what you want?

Cheers,
    Paul

• Temylar
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

@Paul Barthmaier,
    What happened is that with the Prosites when some plugins are not network enabled in the network admin, it shows up under the premium themes in ProSites where each plugins could be made available for a level and other higher levels while not being available to other lower levels.

That is the same thing that I think I could achieve with the community plugin but when it is not activated in the network admin it is not showing in Premium plugins under Prosites, is there something wrong?

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.