How to hide "MailChimp List Health" and "Right Now in Forums"

Hi,

Excellent plugin.

However, I am having difficulty to hide "MailChimp List Health" and "Right Now in Forums" in the Dashboard.

"MailChimp List Health" is from WooCommerce MailChimp Subscribe plugin and "Right Now in Forums" is from bbpress.

Thank you,

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

The plugin should allow you to remove them from the dashboard using remove dashboard widgets addon.

I need a closer look. Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers
    PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

I have had a closer look and it seems that the plugin's "Remove dashboard widgets" addon is not detecting the widgets created by Mailchimp and other plugins.

I have sent a note to our lead developer @Marko for his thoughts on the same.

I have also sent the login details to him so that if required he can have a closer look.

Cheers, PC

• Marko Miljus
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi guys,

sorry for the delay.

It is true, only widgets on the list are WP default ones. Plugin does not detect custom widgets currently because WordPress register new widgets at the time you reach Dashboard page, not before, not after. That's the reason why our plugin is not aware of any custom widgets.

So basically, I have a solution for removing all dashboard widgets but I am not able to list them currently on the Custom Widgets page (page where you chose which one you want to hide).

My idea currently is to add one more check box which will remove all widgets or at least all custom widgets.

We will have a new release with this feature in a few days hopefully.

Hope it will help.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers,
    Marko

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Yukan,

You are most certainly welcome :slight_smile:

any ETA when the new release would be out?

Sadly we can not provide any ETA on a new release. The reason is that it takes a lot of development and testing in adding a new feature like this. However we will keep you updated as its released.

Moving to "Features and Feedback" for better tracking !

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• Marko Miljus
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi @Yukan,

I've just released new version 1.4 of the Ultimate Branding plugin where I added a feature for removing all dashboard widgets including non-standard / custom widgets.

After activating the module, you'll need to go to the Dashboard first in order to detect all widgets and than go back to the module settings page.

As I said before, that's actually only way to detect all widgets since WordPress register new widgets at the time you reach Dashboard page, not before, not after.

Cheers,
    Marko

• Yukan
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thank you for the update!

I installed the new version, the mailchimp widget is gone from the dashboard but still shows the "Right Now in Forums".

RightNow is detected by the plugin and can be seen in the "Remove WP Dashboard Widgets" section. I did unselect-save-select-save but it is still showing up in the Dashboard when a subscriber user logs in.

Thank you,
    Yukan

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Thanks for posting back.

I installed the new version, the mailchimp widget is gone from the dashboard but still shows the "Right Now in Forums".

That works fine for me. I selected Right now and its removed.

I am gonna need to have a look at your site to see what is going on there.

Can you please send me your login details via our contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers
    PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

I tested it and see that it's the bbpress and woocommerce right now widgets and woo Commerce reviews, orders and sales widgets which are appearing.

Let me send this to our lead developer so that this can be included in a future release of the plugin :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.