How to hide Membership menu?

I would have thought this was asked by now, probably has been but I can't find it in the forums.

I have installed Membership as instructed, Network Activated. However, I don't want it to show up for all users to also have access to the Membership menu. I may choose to add this later as supporter feature, but right now everyone has access to it.

How can I disable that? I of course thought of only enabling Membership on my main site (thought about it during installation too), but not sure how that would affect it's usage across network, and quite frankly didn't want to chance it because I finally got it working like I want. The only issue is that it shows up for all users, particularly the Repair function for the database. That can't be good to have all of the users be able to access that, can it?

Any idea's on the best way to handle this without me breaking anything? :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Matt

• Barry

I have installed Membership as instructed, Network Activated. However, I don't want it to show up for all users to also have access to the Membership menu. I may choose to add this later as supporter feature, but right now everyone has access to it.

Are you sure? If you've network activated it then it's available to the admin users of each site - which is the default - but it shouldn't be showing for non-admin users on each blog/site?

Membership admin management is controlled by the membershipadmin capability. You can remove this from users in the WP user edit forms - there is a check box towards the bottom of the edit user page.

I may choose to add this later as supporter feature

With supporter you can control the running of the plugin, so it may be worth activating on the main site and then when you decide to install supporter - network activate.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.