How to hide Ultimate Branding plugin from other site admins

Is there a way to hide the Branding plugin from other site admins? I need to give client admin permissions, but don't want them messing with it.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings tebothibeau,

Thank you for the great question and unfortunately I do not have a solution other then creating/changing a lessor role so they have the permissions of an administrator but not all including having access or seeing the Ultimate Branding plugins tab using something like the User Role Editor plugin

However, there may be a define that can be added to the wp-config.php file that I am not aware of.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• tebothibeau
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Joe!

The User Role Editor plugin is a good fix for a couple of my sites for now. Thanks for that!

However, I have another client that wants to have a "friend that does blogging" access the site and install plugins (Oh boy! She's already messed it up once!), so I can't block access to the plugins as a whole. Would love the branding plugin to behave as the WPMU dashboard does - so that only I get to play with it.

Looking forward to hearing what your lead developer might come up with.

By the way - you guys rock!

• Barry
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

I need to give client admin permissions, but don't want them messing with it.

Once you have set up the ultimate branding settings you can remove the menu from that admin area completely so that no one can mess with it by adding:

define('UB_HIDE_ADMIN_MENU', true);

To your wp-config.php file.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.