How to hide WordPress?

Hello Seniors,
I am working with WordPress more then two years now. I want to achieve a goal using WordPress. I am working on a project foodorder.(site) that is food order PHP custom project. And also can say my 1st PHP big project. But I am missing lot of love from wp here. So, is it possible to create similar project with WP love all the functionality. I need guidance. I am thinking to develop a custom theme for it.
But another main aim to discuss with gurus of my field that is it possible to fully customize wp-admin and disable all WP connection with WP themes, plugins, updates etc and also fully customized the look of wp back end.

And one thing more wp is open source, so is it will be legal to customize it's complete back end and than resell the whole product with own created theme and functionality?

Thanks

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello umerkakar,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I think such a project could be build around WordPress. You'd need a custom developed theme, an e-commerce plugin (such as our own MarketPress or a WooCommerce or similar) and most likely some additional custom coded plugins. This would however be doable in my opinion.

As for "hiding WP". The front-end - that depends only on a theme that you are using plus there's also a way to hide the "meta generator" meta tag that carries information about WordPress. Using minifications tools along gzip compression and caching (especially external, built-in into some CDNs) could even help you "obscure" source code nearly completely.

Furthermore, it is possible to build a "WordPress based site outside of WordPress" and that means that WordPress:

http://www.wptricks24.com/best-way-to-use-wordpress-functions-outside-of-wordpress/

The bottom line, there are options though that will require a lot of custom development and sounds like a complex project :slight_smile:

As for legal issues. The general rule is that you can actually "do what you want" with the custom theme and custom plugins that you create. You can also use WordPress in your project, including commercial ones. However, you can't "rebrand WordPress up to the bones" and sell it as a part of your system. If you use WordPress as a part of your "product" you can set it up for a customer, configure and even charge for that. Still though, user must be given the same licence that you accepted when you decided to incorporate WordPress.

Take a look here please:
    https://wordpress.org/about/license/

I hope that helps!

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello umerkakar!

I'm glad I could help :slight_smile:

Simple edition in my question, is there anyother option to-do that job like admin panel with Laravel or something that can help to manage users and content efficiently.

You mean like "other than WordPress"? I think there are but I'm now working with WordPress only for so long that I'm not much familiar with those. I believe you can understand that :slight_smile:

I wouldn't however quit on WP that easy :slight_smile: I'm not fully aware of your "business model" concept of course but consider this please: there's a lot of complex project around that make full use of WordPress even despite those licensing issues. How is that possible? They are built around default WP setup and distributed in form of (any of following or entire packages):

- complex theme and/or frameworks
    - plugins and/or plugin bundles
    - plugins with add-ons

That's quite a nice way to build a great WP-based system: a plugin that brings core functionality of your project + a theme that's written specifically for that plugin (so integrates some unique features/tools of it) + additional plugins that work only with the main plugin (add ons). It gives great flexibility and a lot of options both in "technical terms" and business opportunities :slight_smile:

Just my two cents though :slight_smile:

Have a great day!
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.