How to I import avatar images for all my buddypress users

I'm importing 3400+ users from an old site. I have all the users profile images and would like to import them in. Any way to do this for the users? The plugin I've found that imports all the user data can't import the images. Thanks!

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hello there @Spiritap,
    If the plugin imports the images urls in the database, then you could simply copy the profile images on your new site.
    However, if you didn't have a plugin to allow users to upload their own profile pictures on your old site and you were using the profile images from gravatar, hen you won't have to do anything as they will be used by default.
    Another alternative would be to manually copy the users tables from your old database to your new one. This would usually copy all the profile metadata too. :slight_smile:

I hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Ari.

• Spiritap
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks for the help, I tried to import the urls to new iamge files, but that didn't work. I guess buddypress doesn't store the urls exactly int he database, but creates a unique folder with image and thumbnail for each user. Doesn't seem to be an easy way tot do it.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.