How to I use "Pay with Like" to reveal a coupon code at checkout?

I read through your documentation on how to set up "Pay with a Like" but I didn't see any instruction on how to use it to reveal a coupon code.

As a user is checking out I want the "Pay with a Like" feature to show up. If they like my Facebook page they will receive a coupon code that they can immediately use towards their purchase.

Thank you

• Vaughan

Hi @Rachael,

You would need to add the coupon code to the product content inside the pwl shortcode.

[pwal id="5206505" description="Custom Description"]
    COUPON CODE
    [/pwal]

But adding it into the checkout process would require custom coding.

You would need a custom mp_cart.php template in your theme, then add the shortcode to the mp_cart.php

using do_shortcode()

There's a themeing guide in the following folder of marketpress /marketpress/marketpress-includes/themes/

I'm not sure how easy this would be though. You may need a developer if you can't do this yourself.

Let me just ask one of our developers to see if he can do this quickly, if not you'll need to hire a developer.

Hope this helps

• Rachael

Hi Vaughn,

Thank you for your reply. Yes, please let me know what the developer says.

If it cannot be done easily, is there an alternative way to do it? How do people usually use "Pay with a Like" and the coupon code? This way made most sense to me but I guess its a bit complicated.

Also, you have another plugin called "Social Marketing" which uses pop-ups. Maybe this will get the job done. Basically I want users to be able have to like in order to receive the coupon code.

Thanks!

• Rachael

Hi Vaughn,

I decided to use the Social Marketing plugin. I will will add my ad to all of my pages that list the product.

However, I have a question about the Facebook Like button. I was testing out all of the buttons and with this one it registered as a like on the little box in the ad but nothing else happened on Facebook. I was reading about the different type of Facebook Likes and from what I understand this type is supposed to:
    1) Give a virtual thumbs up in the box (this worked)
    2) A story appears on the user's Timeline (did not receive an option to share on my Timeline)

Also, just to be clear - liking in this box will not add a Like to my Facebook page. There was no place for me to even input a link so I am thinking no but want to confirm.

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Rachael,

Hope you're well today and sorry about the delay on this.

1) Give a virtual thumbs up in the box (this worked)
    2) A story appears on the user's Timeline (did not receive an option to share on my Timeline)

2) Is optional and would only be when they like they could add a comment, similar to how Google+ works, or are your users not being presented with that option?

Also, just to be clear - liking in this box will not add a Like to my Facebook page. There was no place for me to even input a link so I am thinking no but want to confirm.

That's correct, the like is a like on the piece of content, rather than being a like of your Facebook business or fan page.

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.