How to implement validation check for collective items

I am setting up a website for people to validation a certain kind of limited edition collective items.

Each item has a serial number. The admin will enter all the related information that is attached to this item, such as color, owner's name, etc. - just a couple of simple fields.

When a visitor wants to validate his item, he can go the website and enter the serial number to a form and submit, the website will return the information that was previously recorded by the admin in the WordPress database.

I need to set this up quickly. Is there any existing plugin can achieve this? or can I use certain features of a plugin to achieve this function in-directly?

Any idea is welcome and will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time and help :slight_smile:

• winning
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hi Patrick,

I love being a member here :slight_smile:

These 2 plugins seem very promissing. If I understand them rght (especially the second one), I need to publish custom post type posts for each collective item, respectively, and let people search for it, right?

Then, here is my follow-up question

How can I hide all the posts from people and only show THE information related to one serial code if the visitor has a valid serial code?

As you know, I don't want people to just open and see the whole database (all the item information posts) as they wish, so they could easily make things up to match my database.

What I am thinking now is: in order to enable search, visitors need to enter 2 pieces of information on the item under question, such as the serial number and a 3-digit radom numer printed on the item. And the website only shows search result that match both pieces of information at the same time (the serial number and the 3-digit random number).

For instance, people can make up a serial number if they know the range of the number, but they can not make up the random number that was assigned to/printed on each item randomly.

Possible with these plugins?

Any suggestions?

Thank you :slight_smile:

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings winning,

Thank you for your additional question directed at Patrick and it appears this ticket has gotten away from him.

Have you managed to work past this item you are concerned with? Or should I go ahead and ping Patrick back in here for a possible answer?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.