How to improve the stats from my website?

I have granted suppport access on one of the sites, in case there is anything you guys can do that I dont know how to, in order to improve it (http://wickedspot.org/)
RECOMMENDATION SCORE /100
Enable compression
Optimize images
Remove render blocking resources
Improve server response time
Leverage browser caching
Minify CSS

• Tyler Postle

Hey Vanessa,

Hope you're doing well today. It looks like you have a lot of images that still need to be re-smushed. That should help with your image score

As for the compression rating, the resources that still need compression are outside of your install, they are external resources so there is only so you can't do a whole lot in those cases:

Remove rendering blocking resources, 80 is actually a very good score for this one. It's extremely difficult to get 100 without causing issues and/or requiring manual intervention. I see several of the blocking resources are also external too. So same as with the compression I wouldn't worry much about this one - it's looking good

Improve server response time: This usually comes down to your hosting provider; however, a caching plugin can really help too. I'd recommend installing WP Super Cache or W3TC.

If your server response time rating still isn't improved then your best bet is to contact your hosting provider to see if they can do anything from their end

Hope that helps!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Vanessa

I installed WP Super Cache but now I'm bulk-smushing the rest of the images, so haven't yet had a chance to re-check the overal performance results.

The site is on a dedicated server, and the server loads are quite low and the site also has cloudflare on it.

Is there anything else I can do to improve speed of the site/loading, etc?

Also, in your opinion, is the Wordpress Jetpack plugin good or bad in terms of site performance?

• Sajid

Hi Vanessa,
    Hope you are doing good today

The site is on a dedicated server, and the server loads are quite low and the site also has cloudflare on it.

If you have dedicated server and still getting slow server response then you have to contact your developer as suggested by Tyler to improve the server response time. The only thing that you can do to improve the server response time is installing one of two plugins mentioned above and you already have WP Super Cache installed.

JetPack should not be an issue with performance it self but its still depends how much modules you have enabled and using. If you are not using a module or if there is any module that is enable but not using frequently and you can live without that than disable it.

Personally, I would not install a plugin like that which have unnecessary module that I have not been using in future. Instead I would find a single plugin for that specific requirement.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Vanessa

Do you have any plugins like this one?

https://wordpress.org/plugins/auto-post-scheduler/

This one used to work on my site, but no longer works. Works on all other sites I have, but not on this one, no matter how many times I try to uninstall it, delete files and re-install....

Any help?

Need something that will allow me to rotate my older posts, like this plugin does....

Unless someone can tell me why this one is now always giving an error on my site and will not work. Works on all other sites I have - even ones with the exact same theme, etc - but not on this one.

• Nastia

Hello Vanessa

I hope this answer finds you well!

Please run a quick check for a conflict with another plugin or theme.

Deactivate all other plugins and test if the Auto Post Scheduler is working. If everything is well, activate one plugin at a time to find the one that causes this.

Follow the flowchart from our Getting Support manual:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Also, please post a new thread for each question, to keep things focused, on-topic and to avoid confusion.

Thank you!

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Vanessa

I have, unfortunately, noticed that Hummingbird causes a conflict with my adblocking plugin (Adblock Notify).

That plugin has an option regarding cookies that allows me to enable them, so that the notification regarding adblock doesn't show up on every single page, every single time...

Ever since I installed hummingbird, those settings don't work. The plugin shows me the adblock notification every single time, on every single page of the site, which is highly annoying.

Is there anything that can be done to fix this? Because if there isn't.... unfortunately, I'll just have to turn off Hummingbird entirely.

Please help.

• Nastia

Hello Vanessa

I hope this answer finds you well!

I tested your site and the AdBlock message is showing up only once, and doesn't show up on other pages.

I tried to reproduce this on my site and again the message is not showing up once it's closed. And I'm using the AdBlock Plus extension in my browser. Do you use a different one?

If this behavior persist, please run a quick check for a conflict.

Deactivate all the other plugins, all except Adblock Notify and test again. If the issue is gone activate one plugin at the time to find the one that causing this.

Please note, on your site the Hummingbird Browser Cache is not activated, was activated when you had this issue?

Please advise,

Cheers,
    Nastia